Contributing Member
    Liked: 28

Default If I take a year off, what happens to my license?

It's looking like I might just take this year off from racing as I'm moving, the car is broken and time is short....What happens next year when I want to renew my license and have not run the required 3 regionals?....
    Jerry Burr

Liked: 11

It depends...

You can get a waiver from your RE (I think, but someone for sure) but it will depend on your experience, etc. Get your license than take a year off and I doubt they would sign off. Race for 10 years with good results and I'm sure they would.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 555

It's usually not a problem at all, but a little bit of a hassle. When it comes time to renew your license and you haven't met the minimum requirements, you will need to forward your application to the divisional licensing chairperson, with a note explaining your situation. In my experience, they usually rubber stamp it and just forward it on to national for processing.

The instructions are on the renewal form.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by zero260 View Post
    It's looking like I might just take this year off from racing as I'm moving, the car is broken and time is short....What happens next year when I want to renew my license and have not run the required 3 regionals?....
    Jerry Burr
    Jerry, when you return you will want to talk to Dick Raymond, The Divisional Licensing Chief for the SF Region. It might be a good idea to give him a call and discuss your plans ahead of time. That way you will know what to expect when your decide to start running again. His number is 530-888-1504.

Waviers of the requirements for experienced drivers is quite common.

We could really use you out there, so get that thing fixed and get rolling.

BTW, for a Regional License the requirement is completion of 2 events in the preceeding license period and for a National License it is 3 events which are National/Pro/FIA OR 2 National/Pro/FIA and 1 Regional OR 4 Regionals.

Thread Information