Thread: Lime Rock

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Froggie,
    I have Matt with 320

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Points update correction......

Since we count a drivers 10 best RACE results, not including any bonus points earned for Pole [3] or Fast Race ap [2], the actual points standings are as follows:

McDonough--353 total [less 30 points if we drop his 2 worst scores to date], 323
    Morgan-- 317 total and no drops needed, all points scored at Lme Rock count
    Mansur-- 347 total [less 50 points drop if his 2 worst scores are subtracted], 297
    Bystrom-- 294 total [less 20 points dropped for his worst 2 scores], 274
    Vassmer-- 263 total and no drops needed, all ppoints scored at Lime Rock count

Van Sicklen is on 200 points but with only 110 points available at LRP if a driver were to sweep both poles, wins and fast laps, he and the rest are mathematically excluded.

Those Bonus Points will definately be a factor and the battle for Pole is likely to be every much as intense as the races.

This going to be a busy few days with both races on Saturday.

We reserve the option to impose a percentage of the first three average times to determine the starting field. Should we decide to do so, following analysis of all practice and qualifying times, we will have a Last Chance Consolation Race Saturday morning to transfer three into the Feature, the first and second finishers as well as the car/driver with the fastest race lap who is neither 1st or 2nd, as in a spinner who is fast but finishes 3rd or worse.

The season ending party will be Saturday evening with food, drink, trophy and points fund check presentations, videos thanks to Clark Cambern and his Speedcast Productions, slide shows thanks to Janice Eakin, and who knows what else.

Contributing Member

mike ,
    agree with your math except matt 353 less 32 at vir and 1 at mo = 320,don't understand your point of differentiating bonus points

We count a drivers best 10 or 12 RACE resuts. Bonus Points are not part of the Points awarded for Race finishing position. They are seperate and distinct and stay with the driver who earned them. In this instance, McDonough, at least right now, drops his 2 worst to count everything from Lime Rock, his 1 point from Race 1 at Mid Ohio, and the 29 points from finishing 6th at VIR's second race, total drop of 30, with his 323 letting him count everything from Lime Rock just like Cole counts every point earned at Lime Rock.
    Unless McDonough has a wosre then 6th finish to drop, which would actually wind up netting him the difference in points.
    Say he finishes 10th in Race 1 at LRP, in that instance he keeps the 29 from VIR and drops the 10th place points of 21 instead of the 29 from 6th at VIR netting him another 8 points, or he DNF's for a score of 1 point, which he drops and so nets an addtitonal 28 points......
    The point is, the permutations are almost endless and certainly until Lime Rocks first race is over it is an exercise in futility to try to work out the possibilities.
    But by noon on Saturday August 18 the smoke clears about who needs to finish where with someone else finishing where and the real tension ramps up.....

Contributing Member

so the bonus points travel even if they are in a drop weekend?

Liked: 1

I know someone in the low 51's during test day late April on last season Hankooks!! The pole guy or gal had better be in the high 50's or there will be some surprised faces at Lime Rock and since the track record for FC on Goodyeares (though it was Pinto) is high 50's the F2000 guys have some work.
    I am sure you will need high 50's to be competitive.

Charles Finelli
    Senior Nut Cracker

A lot of the top kids have never been to Lime Rock and, though it appears easy, it is not and when you lose it on the 3 fastest turns you have ended your weekend, very hard to repair the carnage in time for next outing.

Charles no reason to be concerned Finelli

Jim, the drops are not for a weekend, just the worst 2 race results whenever they happened so every driver counts his/her best 10 race results, and yes, they keep their Bonus Points earned as they are additional to their Race finishing position points.
    Since Cole and Ricardo both missed VIR they count every point earned. Bad luck for them they didn't have the chance for Bonus Points at VIR. And those missed 3 from Road Atlanta qualifying when Cole was DQ'd from pole for being underweight might become really significant, right ?

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

I think 50's will be a gift from the speed god's on that weekend. When you guys get on track after 30-40 3000lb NON road racing NASTYCAR guys, you will find a VERY strange "groove" you will have to deal with! With LRP being a sub 1 minute track, that "groove" get's laid down by those guys pretty damn fast! The "kids" may not have as many problems dealing with it as the "old timers" as you think because they don't know any better and will adapt faster to the new non traditional "line" the NASTYCAR guys created.

Tip of the day - Go up on the hill and watch ALL the NASTYCAR sessions. You will see the "groove" do some pretty strange things through out the weekend.

Tip of the weekend- Don't go up on the hill (NASTYCAR teritory) wearing a team uniform shirt. You might not come back down the hill with it on your back! Long story and it wasn't FUN !

Agnif
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Default Lap times

LRP is a notoriously fickle track. Lap times last year for both qual and races were at best in the high :51's both in July and the fall races. I expect them to be a bit better this year as everybody has learned more about the tires. BTW, I think the track record for a F2000 car was Chris Simmons in the USFF2000 Series at a :50.2 on either Hoosiers or GY 430's in the mid '90s- but that was before concrete patches and curbs.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

3 guys you do not suspect will be in the 50's, very good local knowledge and a lot of test days.

Charles stir the pot Finelli

Liked: 3787

So Charles,

You are predicting Kniffin, Finelli first row? Burke, Reilly second row... ?

Liked: 0

Default Frog draws first blood

Here we go, Let the lounge chair racing begin.

Liked: 19

Thats right.... Where does the Fat Boy championship stand at this point??

Maybe the Saturday last chance deal should be turned into a double points deal to decide the all out Fat Boy Champion...

Liked: 91

I am ready for Lime Rock, I learned some good driving tips from Robby Gordon this weekend.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

That might not be something you want to advertise...
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Very good Matt, I like the line-up.

Cole, I am picking you up at LaGuardia Monday??

Charles Finelli

Contest for the Fat Boy trophey:

24th Place Charles Finelli 71 Points
    27th Place Brendan Puderbach 57 Points
    40th Place Thom Reilly 40 Points

Assuming they are trying to have as many points as possible. I'm going to pick Finelli to finish strong with two top 10 finishes at Lime Rock which would catapult him way ahead in the Fat Boy Standings. Based on past performance, the 9 fingered wonder can definately wheel a car at Lime Rock.
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Liked: 14

Cole, just make sure you dont carry an onboard camera.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Kevin,
    If Cole had an onboard camera, it would not be pointed at the track, but on the driver so all his adoring fans could witness his miraculous ability and thunderingly quick responses. Plus he could show it at the next driver school that he instructs.

John

Default stir stir stir

So, I went back and looked at the results for last year's little get-together at Lime Rock. Keegan could be a real force to be recon'ed with. But, then there is Al Jr., and Bob Wright with a ton-o-laps at the place.

I'm thinking this will be the tightest field of the season.

Word is that during the break, Charles has had a new custom made steering wheel installed in the yellow submarine. The new wheel has handles sticking out from the rim all the way around. Nice varnished mahogany. Just stand back when he comes about.

Is Mr. Robinson jealous?!?!?!

Finelli, I believe you or Burke or Thom were going to retrieve me, not sure who is though. I would be honored to be picked up by the great Charles Finelli.

Default Finelli's 'Other" Job

Charles supposedly works as a lawyer... when he isn't sailing, or driving race cars, or chauffeuring youth around Long Island. So... when does he find the time for a modeling career for the Captain Morgan brand?
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.07.09 at 10:08 PM.

That's my Zoolander pose. It's a funny movie for you old guys who don't know. Froggy, I had no idea you were going to be putting my modeling pictures up.

Default Oops

Cole, (Zoolander)
    It was a mistake, really.

That's ok Froggy. No harm, no foul.

Liked: 142

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Kniffin View Post
    Contest for the Fat Boy trophey:
    I'm going to pick Finelli to finish strong with two top 10 finishes at Lime Rock which would catapult him way ahead in the Fat Boy Standings.
    i'm not a terribley good or fast mechanic (see attached) and question if i can get it re-assemble din time, so i'm picking finelli too.
    Last edited by HazelNut; 04.02.16 at 12:12 PM.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Thanks Doug, I will try my best, Brendan get to work NOW.

Cole I or we will pick you up.

Charles Finelli

This is Brendan's way of avoiding Porta-gate.
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Default Porta-potty trained

Quote Originally Posted by HazelNut View Post
    i'm not a terribley good or fast mechanic (see attached) and question if i can get it re-assemble din time, so i'm picking finelli too.
    You can't spell either.
    Last edited by lil_fatboy; 08.08.07 at 3:15 PM.

Cole Morgan Call Charles Finelli

917-825-7020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information