Liked: 0

Default Pacific Raceways Double National

Hello all! I was just curious to know if there were any FC racers out there who are planning on running the SCCA Double National event at Pacific Raceways in Washington state this weekend, May 26-28. I am somewhat in need of some tutelage from some veterans of the class, and it seems like lately the 2 litre turnout at most local events has been minimal at best. If by some chance any of you out there are planning on attending and might possibly need help in the pits, I'd love the opportunity to help out as well.

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default come to thunderhill's dble regional.

35 car grid or something like that on saturday.. mixed breed of cars.. but should be a blast.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Default Wish I could

Thanks for the suggestion, and I hope to be able to race down there someday in the not too distant future, but was hoping to stay a little closer to home this holiday weekend. Generally speaking we have gotten a decent turnout of folks up from California to this particular Seattle region event in the past, which has often brought more Atlantics, Continentals, S2000's, etc up here, all of which seem to be lacking in many of the smaller regional events, but if there's a big one down at T-Hill many may opt for that alternative instead. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that people come up for the national points opportunity , have fun down there though!

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

You should try coming to the IRDC event Aug 4-5. There should be a couple of us running that event in FC trim (but can't remember what class that is called in their club). I would rather be there than at T-Hill this weekend but I lack transportion up there right now.

Would like to run the track at least one more time before the buzzdozers show up later this year and change the whole character of the track. The place is a real throwback to the early years of club racing. Go off on the back straight and you'll find yourself wrapped around a tree or way off in the woods somewhere. I figure that Aug 4-5 weekend could be last chance.
    Firman F1000

Default Will be there almost assuredly

I'm sure I'll be there in some capacity, and hope to see you there; always good to see people make the trek up to the Northwest to race. To this point I have only been an observer and occasional track worker, but I have always thought Pacific Racways, or SIR as some stubborn folk around here insist on calling it, was a really neat track with tons of potential to be a truly great one. It seems to be moving in somewhat of a postive direction although I am not entirely thrilled to hear the sums of money the new owners are charging to capitalize on certain groups, but that's another discussion for another time. IRDC had their first race there last weekend, but the open wheel turnout was a bit disappointing to me at least. There were a decent quantity of FF1600's, but only one Formula Libre (IRDC class FC's are part of), one CSR, only three FV's, one FM, and no DSR's. Hopefully the numbers will increase later in the season, and even more hopefully (crosses fingers, knocks on wood) I can put a car of my own out there sometime this year to help increase participation

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Results?

Anyone have results for this race? I can't get anthing from MyLaps.com

I'm not JaBro.. RickB99

I was there working Turn 9 for the three days. I didn't get results sheet, but there were ZERO FC's attending The race group was dominated by 12 D and C SR's and 4 FA's 7 S2's and perhaps 7 or 8 FM's

Pacific is considered the most challenging track on the west coast and the track surface really needs to be redone. Plus, if you get in trouble here, it can not just ruin your day, but your entire summer! I'm sure some in Cal say, why risk it when the Rose Cup is next weekend? But it was a fantastic race group both Sunday and Monday.

Thread Information