Liked: 313

Default EWC-I'm calling ya outta that garage, pilgrim

Beeler got the organization going again this year, now it's time to put those cars on the grid.

Memorial Day, Grattan: I've got Alen Wheatcroft, Francis Kennette, Tony Arens, Gary Godula, Alan Murray and Tom Stillwell, Andrew Genkinger, Phil Kingham and myself.

That's better than last year, but still short of where we want to be.

Hey, you National guys, how about coming out? We got Howden communications showing up. What better way to prove to your sponsor (or the tax man) that that really is "advertising sponsorship money" than to get your picture in FormulaCar mag? Since a bunch of you guys went big-time, I haven't seen you. Wes Allen, Marc Blanc?

Mark Davison, need to prove us tall guys can do it.

Dave McGinnis, you can sneak across the border, can't you?

Gordy Good, loved following the GT40 last year. Would rather chase a FF.

Make a weekend of racing and watching the Indy500 all at the same time with a great bunch of guys.

On the ClubFF side, you guys afraid of Kingham? Yeah, he's fast, but he's short! Ok, he's also my best friend, but he can be beaten. Let's gang up on him. (No pushing or shoving please.)

Haven't heard from Tebo (too busy posting jokes?), Jenny Morsch, Paul Quiniff, Lindstrand crew, let's get 'em racing folks.

We have three weekends and a bunch of evenings to get 'em prepped. Let's have a big show.

Dave

Liked: 4

I'll be there, Bob Hall will be debuting his new to him rebuilt Crossle. Bob plans to run the entire EWC schedule. Expect at least one other car to roll out of the Schulz Motorsports trailer for Grattan as well.
    Last edited by akilcoyne; 10.31.08 at 12:04 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Default How about Byers Jr.?

That gets us up to 11 - a good start, but still plenty of room for more.

Do I remember hearing that Jason Byers was planning on entering a Crossle for his son in EWC events?

How about Mr. Beeler? I know, a job change can get in the way of getting the car back together, but you gotta be itching to get out again after missing last year.

Liked: 0

Looks like we will be at Elkhart that weekend but if we can get the old "Z" car (CF) running we will try to rejoin the gang this year Oh yeah, we survived the rebirth of the Tatuus at St. Louis last week. Many electrical teething issues but by Sunday it was sounding pretty good, now to work on set ups. By the way we had tons of great help from the all of the St. Louis group last week and we really do appreciate it. Thank you all. See some of you at Indy Friday thru Sunday.

Liked: 24

Do I remember hearing that Jason Byers was planning on entering a Crossle for his son in EWC events?

Ryan just finished drivers school at Waterford Hills in a Crossle 31F. Close to home and a great place to learn how to drive a race car. Once he gets his full license, later this season, we hope to enter at least one of the EWC races.
    The EWC is a fun series and full of seasoned drivers who keep the racing very competetive and clean. Anyone who has a CF or FF that is not quite nationally competetive but enjoys having someone to race with should try at least one of these events. They are highly recommended and targeted for the racer who works on a limited budget.

So if Ryan isn't ready to run at Grattan, what's keeping his old man from giving the car a shake-out and give us a run? Show the youngster you still got what it takes and set the chinning bar for him, in is own car. Show him you took all the excuses out of the car.

Don't let the car sit at home!

Liked: 24

Thanks for the incentive Dave but to many irons in the fire right now + we will be doing waterford the following weekend.

Dave and crew, the new "Z" car, CF, hits the track today hopefully it has risen from the ashes and will be joining the EWC this year. Brad and Nancy Hayes did an exceptional job helping prepare the car and it could not have been finished this summer without his and Nancy's help. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Chuck and Michael

Am I going to have to invite each of you guys individually?

Rex Gunning - You coming or renting your Zink? We had some great times back in the day.

Jims Dietz and Nash - You guys like to lead group. Come on out.

Speedy Pete Wood - I see you at Balckhawk, how about coming over to our side?

Liked: 2

I had back surgery in January and still have some numbness in my legs and other places that I don't care to mention, But my goal is to be able to run the Gingerman event in late July... Sooooo, until then you all will have to put up with my lame humor. My epitath will read..."He didn't know **** about race cars, but his jokes were good".

Liked: 64

Default EWC Rocks!!!

Hey Dave!
    Sorry I won't be making the first E vs. W race. I'll be racing the National next weekend at Gratten. Depending on my schedule we might try and run one or two of the events in the Piper. I have been considering selling the Merlyn but I just can't do it yet so maybe I can drag it out for a weekend.Who knows what the "Racing Gods" have in store! For those of you that want a great open wheel experience the East vs. West Series is a blast. big fields and great competition!!!
    Wes

Come on Wes, drag the Merlyn up and race it. It's always the prettiest car in the field.

And you need to come. You're the only "pro" driver I can point to during the Rolex 24 and say "I race against that guy".

Two racecars just mean twice as much racing fun. Bring the Piper and run FF or the Merlyn for CFF or bring both and rent one to somebody, but don't no-show because you have too many racecars!

Contributing Member Gary Godula's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Default Grattan

I am in. Harmison...call me ASAP. I have brakes for you, but I need lathe time in exchange.
    Gary Godula
    '88 Reynard FF88
    SCCA Club Racing / Solo #57 FF/CM

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Harmison View Post
    Am I going to have to invite each of you guys individually?

Rex Gunning - You coming or renting your Zink? We had some great times back in the day.

Jims Dietz and Nash - You guys like to lead group. Come on out.

Speedy Pete Wood - I see you at Balckhawk, how about coming over to our side?

Dave, Actually I'll be at Blackhawk May 26th racing with Midwestern Council. I'll be there July for the E-W thing though. I suppose I should just jump in the trailer with the Schulz boys and be over there but Grattan & I have never got along too well.

See you guys in July,

Pete Wood

Liked: 3

Are we still sitting at 11 or 12 cars? I am sending my registration in tomorrow............

Andrew

It may be too late to convince anyone else to join us at Grattan Memorial Day weekend, but it sure looks like fun. I fired up the engine last night. Sounds good. And what with the aluminum head saving me 17 pounds, the driver lost 15 pounds and a few weight saving actions on the car, I may have to actually carry balast!

I hadn't read the sups until this morning (yeah, give me a speeding ticket).

Anyhow, we get three races! Qualify Sat morning, race Sat afternoon, qualifying RACE Sunday morning, feature race Sunday afternoon. My FAVORITE type of schedule. There is nothing I like better than taking the green flag surrounded by a mob of FF's. And the bigger the mob the better!

Thread Information