Liked: 447

Default 2001 or earlier Runoffs coverage?

I have a few questions.... How far back did televised Runoffs coverage go? Did they ever air when they were still at Road Atlanta? Does anyone have any Runoffs from FC recorded from 2001 or earlier?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 14

Speed started coverage in 1996. For the first couple years they didnt cover all the races. they would show the race right before lunch then the races after. The 97 FA race wasnt scheduled to be shown but they told us post race they liked the start and were going to air the race at the end of the day out of run order. Cant remember which year was the 1st they showed all the races. Maybe 98 or 99 ?
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 115

Default Ted Turner's Super Station

Long before the technology of TV as we know it today, Ted Turner started something and called it his SuperStation. He televised the CSPRRC at Road Atlanta. The televised and replayed race that many of us remember most was Wayne Marsh starting at the back of the FV field and catching the leaders on the last lap to win his championship - something no one thought was possible. He also won the RRDC's President's Cup for that drive. I believe it might have been 1980 or so. Jeez, I'm almost as old as Rand.

Methusala

Liked: 0

The first time I caught the runoffs on speed was in 1999 in my lady friends dorm room. It was a marathon. I cannot recall how long I sat on the sofa. She was not happy. Now I am .
    Jeff O

Liked: 6

Default Runoffs FC

Keith,

I think I have the 2000 runooffs (I think it was 2000 - maybe '99?) on tape somewhere - the Kasemets win in the ice/snow/rain/sleet/sun in all of 30 minutes race.

Ron
    Ron

Liked: 447

If it's 2000, I'd like to borrow it if I could. I'll send it back once I copy it. Thanks to -pru-, I think besides 2000, I need 2001 where Leundyk Jr chopped DaveW.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 6

Default Might....

I might have that as well. I'll check..
    Ron

Liked: 79

Jgaither is correct. the Superstation televised it at least 1 year from Atlanta. All I remember about it was watching the FF race won by Bob Lobenberg. In an ADF? I use to have it on VHS but it became so degraded I piched it.

The earliest I have recorded is the 2003 races in FF, FA & FC. Maybe F500 as well.

Liked: 5

Default Runoffs tape

I've got a Runoffs tape from 89, show shigh light footage from all classes . from start to finish. alos lists top 4 finishers.
    Asphalt is for Racing Grass is for Passing
    CEC Racing RF96 #97
    Chuck Cecil

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

Default I've seen earlier tapes

The manufactures used to have individual races taped and produced into viewable formats going way back. I recall watching a tape (I have no idea if it was a VHS or Beta or what) in late 1982 of the DP race with Tom Brennan, Doc Bundy and my friend Dennis Wilsn. Denny ran a TR-6 built by Kas Kasnter and was BLMC factory guy that year. I don't know if Porsche,
    Datsun or BLMC produced the tape. Years later I preped his vintage Super 7.

I've also seen tape from Golden era of BS. I had friends that ran Datsun 510's, 610's and 710's. I gues it had to be 78-80 as the cars were current.

I bet there is footage from all era's if one knew where to look!

Bryan
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Thread Information