Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Default Road America August 26-27

I have never been to this historic track and thought I would take the long trek from New Hampshire and go for the FSCCA $$ at this event but it looks like there is no test day or club event during the week days prior for me to attend and learn the track, right? So I won't be able to come. Boo hoo.
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Liked: 218

You should come anyway. It's actually a fairly easy track to learn. We'd be glad to give you brake points, gear selection (what gear in what corner), turn in points and of course directions to Siebken's! There are only seven braking points in 4 miles and turn 8 to turn 12 is flat, except for some feathering in the carousel to keep the front end from washing out.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 447

I agree with Steve. You should come to RA anyway. The track learning can be done on just about half of the sims that are out have the ability to run Road America. Toca, rFactor, Nascar HEAT, F1c, etc.... Know which way the turns go before even getting into Wisconsin.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 3787

When I went to the Spints in 2000 I prepared by drivng a few hundred laps on "CART 98" on a Playstation.
    When I got on the track, it was easy because the old '84 Reynard was a lot slower than the CART similation.
    Go!

Liked: 0

Forza Motorsports for XBOX also has Road America. Good simulator and you can drive the Champion Audi R8!

-Keegan

Liked: 0

Bruce,It is a great track; go for it! My first time there was for the June Sprints (1978??). My engine had not come back from the builder, but, I wanted to go so bad that I rented and engine... After a full night's work getting the car together and an ultra long trip trip because the tow vehicle threw some belts, I went out on the track not having even looked at the track map!!! Luckily, I noticed that they had yellow signs with "arrows" showing the way the track went... also, I was driving a Formula Vee and things didn't happen quite as fast. I was exhausted and only qualified mid-pack, in 34th position (I know, excuses, excuses, excuses). Anyway, it was a great race and I enjoyed every bit of it. If you go, don't forget to have fun in the surrounding area, great food, great scenery, very nice people, and a super track.The simulator is a great idea! Our FSCCA cars have fantastic brakes which is nice to have at RA. There are a couple of "key areas" for a good lap and Steve is a great guy to talk to about that (braking points and which gear to be in...). Very long lap and a real sense of accomplishment once one goes up the hill to take the checkered flag.Have fun!Roberto.

Default Ok

OK, I am planning to come. I have a room at [SIZE=2]Siebkins. Now, I expect one of you will let me follow you for the first lap of the Qual. so I don't go off into the puckerbrush.[/SIZE]

Bruce, Come by our transporter early Saturday morning or Friday night if you're there and I'll go over a track map with which gears you should be in, etc. Saturday morning you can follow me for a couple of laps and if you can keep up, the whole session!
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Wonderful. I'll be thre Fri. What is your number and trailer markings?
    My car (#87) looks like my helmet that is my avatar.

I'm number 6. Kind of a Ferrari theme. We will have 3 or 4 cars running out of our stable. We have a Renegade toter with a 40' Renegade liftgate trailer. It should have ONE FORMULA with our logo above the lettering. It already would have if the wind hadn't come up as we were applying the vinyl. I'm getting the awning put on at HyTech in a couple of weeks.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Thread Information