Thread: '67 Bobsy SR4

Liked: 9

For Sale '67 Bobsy SR4

I'm putting my Bobsy up for sale having decided to hang up my helmet after 20+ years of vintage racing. This car can run with any vintage group in the US. Plus, it's been accepted and raced in the Monterey Reunion the past two years, in 2017 and 2018. I have full history and all log books. Find out more about Bobsy sportsracers at the Bobsy Registry (teamterrificracing.net). Will deliver the car anywhere west of Denver as part of a sale. More info and photos available upon request. Contact me (Steve Kupferman) by pm or call me at 916-475-3783

DETAILS:

1967 Bobsy SR4 Prototype

Serial Number: 1 Logbook: Current SVRA, plus all original log books

Condition: Excellent

Price: REDUCED to $39,500

Description and History: SR4 Bobsy Sportsracer built by Jerry Mong of Medina, Ohio in the 1960’s. He constructed two SR4’s, this is the only one still racing. The SR4 has a semi-monocoque aluminum chassis, orange fiberglass body, dry sump 1600cc Ford Kent engine w/ twin Webers and a Mk9 Hewland 5-speed gearbox. This is the only SR4 still racing. This car was originally purchased from Mong and raced in SCCA by Nichols/Vaglia who then sold the car to Gordon Pari in 1979. Gordon raced it for a number of years including the Runoffs in 1982. Joe Cesare in Colorado raced it with RMVR for a number of years. Current owner has raced it on the west coast with CSRG, SVRA, HMSA, and VARA, with additional trips to Indy, Mid-Ohio and most recently COTA. The car was accepted and raced in the Monterey Reunion the past two years, 2017 and 2018.

Performance Data:

· Class: Group 5 (SVRA)

· Weight: 1000 lbs. (estimated)

· Lap Times: Only as good as the driver

Engine:

· Manufacturer: Ford Kent
    · Type: 4 cylinder – 1600cc
    · Rebuilt in 2018 – Moore Speed (Rancho Cordova, CA) 3 weekends on new engine
    · Dyno – 146 @ rear wheel

Fuel System:

· Custom Fuel Cell
    · Fuel Pump – Electric
    · Twin Webers 45DCOE

Electrical System:

· Ignition – Electronic
    · Wired Transponder

Transmission:

· Hewland Mk9 – Rebuilt in 2017
    · 5-speed + reverse

Body:

· Construction: Fiberglass
    · Color: Orange
    · Condition: Very Good

Chassis:

· Semi Monocoque
    · Condition: Very Good
    · Brakes: Disc
    · Tires: Avon w/ Vintage Tread
    Spares:

· Set of LeGrande rims w/ Avons
    · Door
    · Windscreen
    · Original dash
    · 6 use gear sets
    · Misc. parts

· Enclosed 16-foot trailer available at additional cost

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by steveK; 04.11.19 at 3:07 PM. Reason: REDUCED TO $39,500

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Beautiful car. Good luck to with the sale. Thought we might be seeing you a few more times next year. The Stimola valve cover is worth the asking price. It’s a collectors item
    Last edited by ric baribeault; 11.21.18 at 5:47 PM.

Liked: 25

Default Bobsy SR4

Gents

This is a car that has been well prepared and maintained. I tried to purchase it from the previous owner but Steve beat me to it. As I currently own two Bobsy SR6' s I'm not in the market.
    The previous owner raced this car with RMVR for many years, It is well sorted and truly ready to race. Steve brought the car to Pueblo last year to race with us. He ran trouble free all weekend!

Cheers
    Tom

For Sale Bobsy SR4 at Laguna Seca

The Bobsy is still for sale. If you’re interested in seeing it, we’ll be at the HMSA Spring Race at Laguna on March 16-17.

Thanks.....Steve

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

For Sale Price Reduced

All....I’ve just reduced my asking price to $39,500. Sure would like to see the Bobsy go to a good home and get out on the track. New tires with one scrub session. Also building new headers. Car is ready to race so make me an offer.
    Thanks,
    steve

For Sale Bobsy SR4

The Bobsy is still for sale. Will even consider a trade, even another race car. New headers completed, photo attached.

Thanks

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Bobsy SR4

Still for sale. We’re at Willow Springs this weekend with VARA, so come on out and check out the Bobsy.

Steve

Default Bobsy SR4

Sold....thank you

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information