Liked: 0

Default F600 build for college project

I’m in my last semester of welding school and I’ve been wanting to do a project as a last big assignment. I’ll only be building the frame but the one I’m wanting to build is based off of the original NovaKar. It will take me several months of not years after I get the frame finished to actually finish the car. I’m wanting to know if anyone knows the dimensions of the frame because I can’t find anything anywhere besides that the wheelbase is 80 inches and the width is 55 inches. This car won’t be used as a actual F600 racecar, more just make it road legal (here in Kentucky it’s easy to make something road legal) and go drive on some curvy backroads or the rare visit to an auto cross course. If I can attach any picture I will.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	329ADE58-A357-47D1-B5ED-85D8D1A38B92.jpeg 
Views:	850 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	76420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2A2C1ADF-8650-49F1-829C-72C8565F8879.jpeg 
Views:	512 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	76421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	182D7E97-40F6-4A75-80B6-9EFE3F232EF3.jpeg 
Views:	562 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	76422  

Liked: 896

If you have solid works i can send you the model of the frame. Not to be used in any other projects. This particular car was our first prototype F6 made from a spare Rakavon chassis.

Email me at jaynovak at comcast dot net
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

3. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 1417

That's a pretty killer offer, right there from the source. Don't sleep on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    If you have solid works i can send you the model of the frame. Not to be used in any other projects. This particular car was our first prototype F6 made from a spare Rakavon chassis.

Thanks for the quick reply Jay. I have sent you and email and can’t wait to hear back from you.

It has been several years and life has went crazy but now I’m serious and 95% able to build this. Decided to build just as a fun thing to go get the mail or use as a pit vehicle at the drag strip. I’d sat down in what I thought would be a comfortable position and took some measurements and drew them out as best as I could. This is just the main part of the cockpit base.

Name:	E54D2776-1CC0-4559-A124-C771E0AE9F14.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	103333  

Here is a 1/4 scale I’ve been drawing up as well

Name:	B82E4D6F-47AB-4044-9C13-2100A119114E.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	103334  

Started making a model on autodesk inventor because I got a free trial of it. I have most of the square and rectangular tubes placed minus a few braces and stuff. Next is the round tubes and I know they will be a pain because some or bent and placed at slightly odd angles.

Name:	45765746-214E-43FD-B4F4-D8B39C87CFEC.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	218.1 KB 
ID:	103337  

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post

I know it has been several years but I am trying to draw it based on pictures on fusion 360. I have emailed you before, would you be open to me emailing you again?

Thread Information