Liked: 0

Default Fuel cell hose barb to AN

Gentlemen,

I have been searching for a fitting that will convert the outlet of my new fuel cell which is a 1" ID rubber tube to AN lines to run to the Carbs.

This must come up over and over but I cannot find a hose barb to AN6 adapter. The closest I have found is Hose barb to AN10 and then I would have to use step down adapters to get to AN6. Obviously I would like to keep this as simple and reliable as possible. I have attached a pic of the fuel cell outlet.

Thanks!

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuel cell.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	55698  

Contributing Member
    Liked: 85

if I understand your need.....
    use a piece of 1" dia. aluminum round stock, maybe 2" long

drill it thru the length, and tap for any pipe thread you need

Liked: 123

First off, it doesn't come up because people don't usually have 1" ID hoses on the outlets of their fuel cells. They either have AN-6 male fittings on anything made in the last 20 years or a little 3/8" ID tube on older stuff. One exception I can think of might be a Lola formula ford that still had the side bag fuel cell and that little make-up tank, it had about a 1" tube to the make-up tank (which was there so you could run a second fuel cell in some categories).

Anyway, just get a local welder to weld a cap on the end of a 1" aluminium tube, and weld a -6 fitting in the middle of the cap.

Brian

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

My suggestion would be to take a reducer like this
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ea...8erl/overview/
    and turn the threads off the larger end leaving a "barb" at the end....

But I think you'd need a -16 to get the 1".....

Or used something like this:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ea...2erl/overview/
    Again turning the end to remove the threads and then adding
    a 3/8 npt to -6 fitting....
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-220652/overview/

or used a hose end w/ 3/8 fitting...

I think you're stuck making or adapting. It's just too big a step in 1 go.....

Liked: 0

Thanks guys, that is easy enough to do. The car is a Formula 3 and the bag is in the side of the car. I have to say that I was surprised to see it come back with a fire hose for an outlet. Now off to buy some stock to make an adapter.

Thanks for all of your help!

Thread Information