Liked: 0

Default Oil Filter Cross Reference

I am working on a comprehensive cross reference to post on our website (www.proscca.com).

If anyone has a filter that they have actually used and tested successfully please email me or post the manufacturer and part number here (plus any links to detail information at the mfg's site).

I'll update the post when complete. Currently we have 7 filters we beleive to be compatible.

The NAPA 7035 is probably the most widely used and tested.

Thanks,

Jeff

Default OIl filter

Does anybody else share my concern that these filters are too small? I've used the Napa 7035, Carquest 85056, and Fram Ph2874. If you ask what they fit, you will find all are designed for a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower. When cutting them open, you will find less than an inch of filter material. I suspect these things bypass most of the time. I've talked to Ken, and he seemed okpen to suggestions and alternative filters.

Default oil filter

I have been using Wix 57035 seems to work a ok. Dan

Default Oil Filter

We've used the Wix 51335 and the CarQuest CFI85335. I believe the xref is for an early 80's Renault. Both of these filters are the correct height, but are slightly larger in diameter than the Coopers. I made a 1/4" AL spacer to move the remote mount away from the block to allow for clearance. Otherwise pretty straight forward.

Other xref's to these filters -- which I haven't used --include Fram PH3512, Purolator L10101 (altho it's taller and might not fit), AC-Delco PF2210 and Motorcraft FL-313.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Default Link to cross reference

http://proscca.com/knowledge_base.html

click on "oil filter"

I'll continue to update and add new filters and notes

Default oil filter

Dan has the right number it is the same size and you don't need A spacer.

Liked: 42

Just for further filter reference, regardless of application.

WIX, CARQUEST & NAPA Filters all come off of the same assembly line, and are made by DANA Corporation owned WIX Plant.

The part numbers are all similar, and consistent and relevant to each other.

All filters across all three of those brands end with the same three digits of their part number.

57035WIX = 7035NAPA = 84035CARQUEST
    There are two base #'s in oil filters
    57xxx = 7xxx = 84xxx
    or
    51xxx = 1xxx = 85xxx

Fuel, water, and air filters all have the same common last three digits between brands, but differing prefix #'s.

There essentially has been only four filters mentioned above:
    1) 57035WIX = 7035NAPA = 84035CARQUEST
    2) 51335WIX = 1335NAPA = 85335CARQUEST = FL313 AC = L10101 Purolator = PH3512
    3) 51340WIX = 1340NAPA = 85340CARQUEST = PH2874 Fram
    4) 51056WIX = 1056NAPA = 85056CARQUEST = PF2210 AC

You said you thought you had seven different filters, if there are other numbers out there, I would be glad to also cross those to the WIX/CARQUEST #'s that are widely available.

WIX CARQUEST Manufactured filters are of extremely high quality and are much better than the low priced filters you will find at the retail auto parts stores.

I do agree with the theory that most oil will be bypassing such a small filter in the FS application.

For other applications, I would recommend the CARQUEST RACING filter, which still has a high quality filter media, but it is designed for high flow, keeping the most amount of oil going through the filter, rather than the bypass, which can result in horsepower increases, and better protect the racing engine, ensuring the highest % of oil goes through the filter each pass through.

There is not a CARQUEST RACING filter for the FS aplication.

CARQUEST / WIX filters are a sponsor of the EWC.

Marc
    Last edited by mblanc; 02.17.05 at 7:57 PM. Reason: part # typo
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

I bought 3 of the filters listed on our site to test and they all appear to be too tall. I will report back next oil change when I can test with certainty.

I know I'm being lazy by asking rather than researching but can we not run a remote filter setup? That would be the shiznit.

Jeff

Thread Information