• Section Widget

• Recent Articles

• david.laruse

There is no available content written by david.laruse
  • Recent Article Comments Widget

• Recent Forum Posts

rkshanahan

Tilton XLT Super Starter 54-50030, fits Hewland Mk5-8

I have a very lightly used Tilton starter for sale. This model has a 9-tooth pinion to work with 104 or 110 tooth ring gears. I tried to install this

rkshanahan 06.02.24, 3:03 PM Go to last post
    sabre1fv

Cast iron repair

I would second the above suggestion from Bobsy SR 6 to take this to a qualified weld shop if you want the weld/braze repair. From what I have read, you

sabre1fv 06.02.24, 2:54 PM Go to last post
    Rick Kirchner

Cast iron repair

Interesting topic. i recently had my block hot-tanked in caustic soda and it has developed a crack in the #4 cylinder in the original casting - only

Rick Kirchner 06.02.24, 2:26 PM Go to last post
    rkshanahan

Holbay Front-Mounted Pump and 30-deg. Dry Sump Pan

If you run a vintage F3 or similar Kent-engined car this is your lucky day. I have a Holbay front-mount oil pump and front cover, plus a matching 30-deg

rkshanahan 06.02.24, 2:22 PM Go to last post
    Bobsy SR 6

Cast iron repair

About 20-30 years ago I used to do welding casting repairs, both aluminum and cast iron. On cast I would use Nyrod 99, which is a high nickel tig rod.

Bobsy SR 6 06.02.24, 12:29 PM Go to last post
About Us
Since 2000, ApexSpeed.com has been the go-to place for amateur road racing enthusiasts, bringing together a friendly community of racers, fans, and industry professionals. We're all about creating a space where people can connect, share knowledge, and exchange parts and vehicles, with a focus on specific race cars, classes, series, and events. Our community includes all major purpose-built road racing classes, like the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) and various pro series across North America and beyond. At ApexSpeed, we're passionate about amateur motorsports and are dedicated to helping our community have fun and grow while creating lasting memories on and off the track.
Social