Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 21

Default Invader for sale- 0 hrs "tuner" package

Sold
    Last edited by B17overhead; 03.15.17 at 7:53 PM.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 10

Hi, has the car actually been run? what year is the chassis? I am in Cave creek.
    John Puccini

Liked: 896

What a deal!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Thanks Jay!
    John, I'm up in Prescott, about an hour's drive from you.
    The chassis is originally a 98, but it is a wide cockpit design and has received the latest frame updates which consist of the thru-the-tube rear shock pushrod geometry. The last frame bulkhead in the rear was also modified professionally as a separate Brad Hulings inspired exercise to accommodate his pipe. There is also a collection of new water jet cut suspension pucks.

The car has a logbook and was last run by Jacques Dresangs. I never checked, but I believe he was one of the quickest guys in his region. Setup/assembly info on the chassis as well as CVT and jetting from Hulings come with the car. There is a large pile of pictures detailing the car assy. It comes with the VD nose and Raptor bodywork done originally by Bob Gelles. Bodywork is all in good condition, ready to dzus on, and has the blue paint job as in the most recent picture.
    Last edited by B17overhead; 03.06.17 at 11:46 AM.

Liked: 0

I purchased that Invader from Ted Simmons from Maryland in 2010. Took my drivers school and recieved a National License and raced it 5 times in 2011. Won the National event @Mid America Motorplex in Nebraska. June 2011
    Sold the car to J. Dressang that fall. I know he completely went thru it before he raced it. Very good car.
    Too much work for me.. Couldn't keep those Rotax's together...

Liked: 226

FYI - It's Hulings / HRP Motorsports.

Thanks for correction Cory. I don't know where the "e" came from, I've bought plenty from Brad over the years- just not recently. Senility setting in, maybe?

Liked: 226

Quote Originally Posted by B17overhead View Post
    Senility setting in, maybe?
    I turn 50 on Wednesday. The grey hair doesn't bother me (just happy to have hair), but the "wait, why did I walk in this room?" moments are getting old already.

Liked: 124

This car was going to be our Runoffs effort for 2013, but we had some other irons in the fire at the time that took up more time. Everything we purchased for it was top-notch and the HRP engine showed well from Brad on the dyno.

Chassis #98-007 handled great and was rather competitive in the year we ran it with a stock motor.

I was 6'2" - 220 lbs. in the car and it fit my frame quite nicely.

Best wishes,

Jacques
    Jacques N. Dresang
    Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration
    1977 All American Racers Eagle DGF #005
    1972 Elden Mk10B AM73-49 - #140/1

Thread Information