Liked: 0

Default 1985 Van Diemen RF85 FF1600(CM)

1985 Van Diemen RF85 - Sold to the 2012 CM National Champion!

Elite Engine: NEW April 2012

Block- Brand new ford racing 711M block, new cam, new lifters, new timing chain, new forged pistons, new SCAT crank, new tilton clutch disk
    Head- Brand new Alum head, hand ported to current Elite Engines spec,
    New pertronix distributor, New Elite Engines minimum weigh flywheel. Burns Muffler to stay under 100 db.
    Dyno chart to prove this is the same National Front running motor as Lewis Cooper III.

Gearbox & Driveline: Hewland Mk 9 w/ 9:31, currently with TDI lightened CVs with brand new Taylor Racing half shafts. New dogrings Apr 2011. 13:37 fixed layshaft 1st gear installed with 12:28 fixed layshaft 1st as a spare. Several other spare autocross gears to choose from as well.

Suspension: Penske 8100s serviced by Anita at Indy Motorsports Supply April 2012 with 4 sets of various spring rates.

Dash: Aim Mychron3 Plus digital dash w/ RR wheel speed sensor, oil pressure, water temp water temp

Brakes: ICP lightweight LD20 calipers with lightweight TDI alum hat crossdrilled LD20 rotors.

Wheels/Tires: 12 total 13x5.5 wheels, (4)- Van Diemen Turbo's w/ old Rains mounted. (4) Aluminum Oz's with 60 run Hoosier R25Bs, (4) New as of May 2012 Magnesium Oz's with 12 run Hoosier R25Bs, 6.5 lbs each.

Ground Up restoration: Completed by Mark Lamm winter of 2010/2011, frame sandblasted and powdercoated. Any component that wasn't like new was replaced with new. All suspension stripped and replated with fresh nickle along with 25 other pieces. Every suspension point measured in x,y,z and squared on the Lamm geometry table at this time.

The car weights just under 900#s dry. I ran with 40+ #s of ballast. The most ballast for a Kent in the class. There's still plenty of weight to lose as well.

Body work also completed with fresh paint winter 2010/2011. Some of my favorite pictures below. Complete before and after pictures seen here: http://www.hitthepacecar.com/showthr...highlight=RF85

Spares: block, iron head, a bunch of bent suspension arms, bent bosch dist.. You can have it all, but there's a reason the stuff laying around the garage is a spare.

Trailer: Lightweight open trailer included. Aluminum ramps, New wiring, New bushings. 2 spare wheels, 1 with tire.

Competitive Edge: I have trophied at every national event in this car this year. Several Tour wins between Mark and myself over the last 2 years. Nationals finishes of 2nd, 3rd, & 5th, 6th. Several overal pax wins, Mark won the season points in the Indy region in this car last year.

The decision to sell doesn't come easy. Unfortunately for me, the seating position of any FF I've ever driven will pinch a nerve in my left side rendering my left arm, hand, neck and upper back in severe pain. The competitor in me is no longer ok not being able to drive this thing to my full potential.

Can co-drive with me at the Blytheville Tour Oct 28th, and take delivery after.

nlmyers@gmail.com
    Last edited by Locked; 11.12.12 at 9:58 AM.
    Nick M.
    Driving - your car if you'll let me.

Liked: 444

I almost bought this car when it was in Florida, looks great

Liked: 73

Beautiful car!

I restored a 1985 Van Diemen FF from the frame up in 1990. So I have a good idea of the time you have in yours!

I did not spend near as much time with a polisher though!

Wow, always loved the '85 VD. Still my favorite race car of all.

Aaron
    '85 VD FF
    '88 VD FF
    '83 Ralt RT5
    '91 VD FC

Liked: 10

Do you take trades?

This car is even better running, driving, and looking in person than in pictures.

Dick
    85 VD

Liked: 3

Nick, I'm sad to hear that the arm/nerve stuff has become a "show stopper".

Whoever ends up with the car is going to be stoked...it is just that nice

Liked: 6

Nick,

I'm very sad to see you leave the class without even getting a chance to meet with you in person. Good luck with the sale and don't be a stranger.
    Sho Torii
    1985 Citation FF1600

Sold to the 2012 CM National Champion!
    Nick M.

Congrats on the sale.

Wish I could have snapped it up myself.

Wait, who owns the Dulon that Brandon was driving?

Is it going on the block soon?

Cory

The Dulon is Mark Lamm's.. My co-driver of the previous 3 years. He and I were 3rd and 5th in it in '10...

Ironic that we got outdriven by a guy driving a car we could have been in.
    Nick M.

Thread Information