Liked: 798

Default data course highly recommended

Guys,
    Just wanted to put out a recommendation for John Block's "Auto-Ware" online webinar's. I've just completed the 5-week "Pi" course, and can say that John does a great job of teaching through a combination of theory and real-world data.
    Between us we quickly established what I knew and didn't know, and John concentrated on bringing me up to speed on the subtleties and anomalies of Pi vs the other systems I was more familiar with. More importantly, he identified a large number of very useful combinations of data that quickly reveal how the car and driver are behaving.
    All in all, the 5 online hours probably saved me 50 hours of trial and error, and to me that's worth way more than the measly $125 it cost. Well worth your time.....
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Liked: 934

Default +1

I took John's Aim seminar to see if I could understand it learn from it. The seminar starts with the basics and and progresses from there. John makes the math channels simple to understand as well.

I finally installed a basic data system and it has been really helpful. As James Hakewill says "The data says, more go pedal!"

Regards,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 32

I second the recomondation ! I took John's AIM Data course a couple of winters ago and found it a great resource. Not only did it reduce the learning curve for operating the software but insight into how to use the math channels to reduce lap times paid dividends the following season. John has provided support past the class with some suggestions for math channel syntax.

Liked: 67

Hear, hear!

I'm a professional that works with data every day in my driver coaching business. I sell six different lines and John taught me some wonderful information I can use to help others "read" their data better. I supply a link to all my equipment and coaching customers and urge them to take advantage of this rare opportunity.

Plenty of engineers speak in languages drivers can't understand, but John speaks to everyone, and very well!
    -Peter Krause
    1984 Tiga SC
    www.peterkrause.net
    "The Driver is the Greatest Performance Variable in the Racing Equation"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Another +1

I just finished building my FF a few months ago but had taken John's courses before it was finished. I had a FV before and I could certainly apply most of what I learned in John's courses to it but with this car I can use ALL of it (ok, maybe not the downforce discussions). For instance, John's courses convinced me of the importance of shock sensors so I made sure that I put them on the car. Same with brake pressure sensors. But most importantly he explained why various math channels (formulas that allow you to get data from other data) were so important. I have only driven the car twice but I can already see that having the data and understanding what it tells me is going to pay huge dividends. For example, I can tell if I'm braking properly, if I'm too fast with the steering wheel, if my shifting is smooth and if I'm using the engine to slow the car down, how many miles I have on my engine or brakes or just about any other component, if there is stiction in my suspension, etc., etc. He also teaches you how to set up your data system so that you can quickly look at the important stuff after a session and then you can analyze less important stuff when you have more time. If you are serious about racing then John's courses are a must. They are a big bang for the buck!!

Ray

Contributing Member lmpdesigner's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Yea--but

Okay. All good feedback. But how about how one signs up.contacts him???

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default John's contact info

Quote Originally Posted by lmpdesigner View Post
    Okay. All good feedback. But how about how one signs up.contacts him???
    john@auto-ware.com, 800-647-2392, and his website is www.auto-ware.com

Ray

Liked: 798

and you'll see his adverts on the left side of the apex speed page as they scroll through mixed with others.....
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Liked: 2

Default John's Classes Work

I took John's basic and advanced Pi class and went from newbie to supporting an Indy Lights effort. Well worth the money.

Regards,

Stuart
    FM21

Thread Information