Liked: 447

Default Fanatec Clubsport Wheel and Clubsport v2 Pedal set review

Ok guys, here it is. It turns out that I'm very impressed with the wheel and pedals I tested. The firmware and drivers are a work in progress still, but what they have in its current state is a fantastic representation of what a sim racing wheel for the enthusiast should be. If you guys have any questions, I'll do the best I can to answer them.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 111

Nice writeup. I am jealous. Sounds like a great product. Now if I wasn't so terrible at sim racing....

Liked: 0

Awsome job Kieth. I am so jealous. Have fun with the set up and great job on the review !!!!

Liked: 2

Any long term impressions on the wheel? Everything still working ok? Pedals too. The base to my cockpit should arrive in a few weeks and I already have the seat. I plan on getting the CSW wheel, but am trying to decide on the pedals.
    Ken

Yes, everything is still fantastic. The wheel drivers and firmware are still being developed as well as the physics in my current sim of choice (rF2) so things are still constantly being improved upon.

The v2 pedals are really great. What else are you looking at for pedal options? I wouldn't hesitate to buy the v2 again. It's a great system.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

I found a set of CST GT pedals on eBay. Derrick Spears is coming out with a set very soon too. I have a few weeks until my cockpit base arrives so I have some time.
    Ken

I just received my Clubsport base, F1 rim, and V2 pedals in the mail today. Soooo nice. My sim cockpit base seems to be stuck in Canadian customs for some unfortunate reason, so I must wait for glory!!

Which online racing league does Penske send his scouts to watch? I need to play, I mean drive, in that one.
    Ken

Our league is starting up in a couple of weeks... You're welcome to join us!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thanks. I don't want to embarass myself in front of the Apexspeeders and/or Mr. Penske. I want to get some practice time in first. I spend sometime in the SRF to get a feel for it.
    Ken

Default It has arrived

The base arrived from Singapore via Canada finally after 8 weeks. Of course the seat and sliders I had didn't fit. I guess it wouldn't be fun if I didn't have to cut steel, drill and counter sink holes, etc and so forth. Life would be easier if I left things stock. Finally I have a seat attached to the base that allows the adjustment I like and I have my pedals and wheel attached. I downloaded rFactor tonight and although it didn't recognize some of the stuff I think it is user error. The next step is to decide on displays. I am using a regular monitor now, may move to a TV, or some other options I am considering.

Apologize for the poor pictures. One of them was taken with a tablet. Hopefully this will scratch the itch for awhile.
    Ken

I like it! Simple and a real race seat to sit in!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 5

Default That stuff Looks very Nice

That gear looks more like a race car, than my Protoform P-3 Of course a vee is kinda plain, and if it isn't needed , it isn't in the car. Have fun with it. I can tell the set up I have is all plastic and is really junk. Oh yea what kind of G's does that seat pull ? LOL have fun. Pete Cheney fv #06

Its been pulling a minimum of 1 g since I set it up.
    Ken

Heh! That's not lateral G's either...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information