Thread: Data anyone?

Liked: 12

Default Data anyone?

You will be hard pressed to find a “bigger bang for the buck” when it comes to more speed than with the data system you already have in the car. It’s just a matter of understanding how to use the software that came with your data system and interpret what the squiggly lines are telling you.

Join us online for live webinars (starting the week of Oct 17th) on how to better use the tools you already own. Go to http://www.auto-ware.com/webinar_home.html for more info.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

This course is well worth it for those who have not tried it before.

Liked: 924

I really got a lot out of the course.

First, it confirmed I want to buy a good and complete data system. I will do so when I have the budget.

Second, John starts out with the simple stuff and then uses the simple measurements to create the more complex math channels and shows you the benefit for doing so.

Third, he shows you how to put it all together to analyze both the car's performance and the driver's performance and how to separate the two.

Regards,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default A lot of bang for the buck!

I have taken the beginning course and the advanced course and they both really opened my eyes as to the value that data acquisition can provide. If you have a data acquisition system and you aren't sure if you are getting the most out of it then you need to take John's courses. If you are thinking about getting a data acquisition system or just curious about what data acquisition is all about then you should definitely take the introductory course. Then take the advanced after you have gotten a system. Btw, once you take the course, you take it again for free! You can't beat that!

Ray

Liked: 83

Auto-Ware's John Block offers live interactive on-line class on the popular DA systems; over time have I taken several of their class (mostly AIM and CDS) and each one has helped me better understand the data and given me insight that has helped me go faster and to help my friends. At the Runoffs this year I met John and got some personal help looking at my past data. Next week advanced classes are scheduled and right now he needs more people to sign up to fill the grid, I'm already on the grid and really want the green flag to drop on the advanced class and would ask anyone with the basic knowledge to sign up. The classes are inexpensive and you will learn something that will help you, both understand your driving and the car set up and diagnosis.
    Go to the web site (he is a forum sponsor) to get an understanding of how easy the live classes are.

David

Liked: 7

Default Value

I couldn't agree more with the previous posts. You will not find more information for dollar spent than taking one of John's classes.

SteveO

Liked: 42

Default simplicity

John has the capability to take something complex, and make it simple. Not at all your typical data acq geek/engineer. Much more like a experienced and seasoned crewmember that you go to for practical input on 'what's next?'

If nothing else, the class will help save a ton of time in the paddock, by his extremely organised use of profiles. I wish my system had originally come with John's 'do it this way' simple logic.

worth twice the price (that is, if you implement his procedures)

FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 233

John is a very fine instructor and I was surprised at the information that can be obtained using math channels.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Thread Information