Liked: 127

For Sale 84 Citation and trailer

I'm selling my 1984 Citation FF. This car has 6 weekends on it since a ground up rebuild. All things listed below, were purchased between late 2009, and this year, so almost everything is brand new. Car, with a 160lb driver and a half tank of fuel weighs just under 1100lbs

$14000.00 for the car, trailer, and spares specific to this car.

The car...

New 0 time, fresh engine (only 3 laps, well under speed) with new FF1600 forged pistons, new cam, Aluminum head, and all the other goodies

New fuel cell in 2006

Penske double adjustable shocks

2 full sets of Panasports, plus 1 extra wheel

AIM micron 3 dash (RPM not working properly, but AIM gives it a clean bill of heath)

Aluminum belly pan

Custom bead seat (but as my mother says "you need to be a skinny sh!t to fit in it")

Almost new mounted Hoosier rain tires

New on the car this year....1 weekend..

Tilton 5 1/2 clutch

Flywheel lightened to SCCA min

Tilton 300 series release bearing

New front sway bar blades

New input seal on the MK9 gearbox

Gearbox gone through, and new bearings installed

Bosch coil

New front and rear pads (only 6 laps)

Steering rack rebuilt, new bronze bushing installed

95% of all the hardware has been upgraded, or just replaced with new grade 8 bolts.

Extras...

various suspension

lower aluminum radiator supports

rear sway bar cable

Transport wheels (just steel wheels, nothing special)

Complete exhaust system

Trailer...

2009 Pro Line 8.5x20ft enclosed trailer

Reese draw tight sway control

Pit Pal aluminum 8ft base cabinet

Pit Pal aluminum 8ft top cabinet

Pit Pat aluminum tire rack

Pit Pal aluminum fuel jug holder

fire extinguisher (never used)

first aid kit

spare tire

4 new tires this year (don't ask why)

Even more little things...

Last edited by Brian331; 12.31.12 at 2:31 PM.

Liked: 1110

Talk about just needing prep and go..

Very pretty.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Default More picture

These are some pictures of the car before I bought it. I only put 6 weekends on it, so it doesn't look much different. This car is really clean!

I should note, that the exhaust in the picture is now coated black.

I also forgot to mention that the previous owner updated the rear suspension to push rod, from the way it originally came with in 84.

More pictures of the trailer to follow in a few days.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian331; 12.31.12 at 2:31 PM.

Interested in selling anything separate?

Will,

If someone wants to purchase the car only, then I will sell everything left separate.

Brian

Liked: 0

interested in suit and hans. sent pm
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Liked: 3

Anyone have thoughts on how much to ship car/trailer to CA?

Liked: 74

Here's some info on shipping a car. I didn't see any costs listed, but maybe you could call some of the recommended shippers.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47070

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ott View Post
    Here's some info on shipping a car. I didn't see any costs listed, but maybe you could call some of the recommended shippers.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47070

Barry
    Thanks, Barry.

Looking at the ad, I wonder if the price actually includes the trailer...hard to imagine, if it did, I'd drive back there and pick it up! I'm not needing the trailer, anyhow.

In any case, to the OP, the car is of interest to me. Can you give details on the engine build? Who did it? Any gearsets in the spares package?

Thanks
    Last edited by mwood; 10.12.11 at 12:59 PM.

Liked: 1417

I'm pretty sure the price includes the trailer.

This car was HEAVILY documented by the previous owner here on ApexSpeed and through his blog (which appears to be gone). The motor was originally built by the previous owner in his garage, and did something wrong with it prompting spending the money widely on it to have it built by Jim at Justice Racing Engines with a "runoffs" aluminum head and forged pistons. The motor is solid, and from the looks of it has minimal time on it.

I loved this car when Chris More started with the basket case that it was, and it turned into something really beautiful. I hope it goes to a good home, because if I was in a better financial position, it would be going to MINE.

Doug is correct on most accounts. However, the current motor in my car is Doug Hobby's spare motor, built by Doug himself. I borrowed his motor after my motor died slowly during the F1600 pro race at LRP. I had never planned on buying this motor, just borrow it. But after further thought, I figured that the motor was already in my car, that I minds well just buy it. The motor only had dyno time on it, with new everything except the rods.

Had I known I would need to sell my car now to help my parents out, I would have just had Jim rebuild my old motor. Now I find myself explaining this entire situation over and over again, knowing fully now that buying this motor is going to cost me even more money now in the long run because the motor wasn't professionally built. I completely understand why people show concern towards the motor in this car, there's just nothing I can do about it now.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian331; 10.13.11 at 10:26 AM.

Liked: 553

It was fun to see it built on apexspeed, and it looked great when I saw it in person at VIR earlier this year. It was going pretty fast, too. The new owner will be happy and proud.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 7

Default Build Link

Does anyone have the Apexspeed Thread link for this car's build?

Thanks,

Rick kean

Liked: 0

Default Chris More's Blog

Rick,

I think it was a link to Chris's blog about the build and like Doug said it has been taken down. Here is a link to Chris's website and there is only one entry about the Citation and that is that it was sold.Email him and he may send you the build pictures....it was very extensive.

http://motorsports.chrismore.com/

Dan
    Ingredients: Nothing but Barley, Hops, Water & Yeast.

The car and trailer have been sold! I have a lot of mixed feeling about it, but it needs to be done.

I still have 80% of all the spare that are still available, so I should have a list up soon.

Doug, Russ....Thank you for the kind words I really love this car! I treated it like my last girlfriend, only better. I've had so many great comments regarding this car in the few races that I've run, that I expected to see more comments from other people like the comments you both wrote from some other guys! Maybe I didn't make as many friends as I thought

Thanks for all the interest,
    Brian Copperthite

Liked: 6

Congrats on the sale! I own a 85 Citation and look forward to seeing the list of the spares soon.
    Sho Torii
    1985 Citation FF1600

Rude dude,

I sold all the spares specific to the Citation, so everything listed above is spoken for.

I just have a lot of other items, like safety gear, tools, parts new and used etc. I will start posting things soon, it's just that time is short, as I am in the process of moving to a new place also.

Thanks,
    Brian

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Headed South

Looking forward to this new toy. Brian has been great to deal with and he does have an extensive list of other items he needs to get sold, so everyone belly up and help the guy out. He is honest, fair and a good guy in the sport.

As for the car. I am paying it forward a bit. I have a 19 year old daughter of my racing buddy that is quite a local karter. I am going to use this car to teach her about formula car road racing and get her some track time. The Citation engineering and design have always impressed me. I talked to both Richard Pare and Steve Lathrop about the car and while it is the oldest design Citation FF, it is still not junk. I think in the right hands the cars can still be quick. It also will accomodate a large driver which will allow me to do the setup and testing work in the car for her.

Along those lines, we need some track day tires if anybody has some stuff they want to part with. If not, I will call John Berget - he has some good stuff now and has helped me a lot over the years. I prefer Hoosier but will work with whatever we can come up with.

Now if I can figure out how to get a little white on the red and blue car - we will have a Texas flag paint scheme!

Anyone who has one or wants to compare notes can feel free to contact me through this website or my email: muleshoeracer {at} yahoo dot com

Thanks again to Brian.

Jay Messenger
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe Texas USA
    806-946-7252
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 10.13.11 at 11:24 AM.

I'm sorry I missed out on this car, but congrats to the seller and new owner

Default Anxious to see FF

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger Racing View Post
    Looking forward to this new toy. Brian has been great to deal with and he does have an extensive list of other items he needs to get sold, so everyone belly up and help the guy out. He is honest, fair and a good guy in the sport.

As for the car. I am paying it forward a bit. I have a 19 year old daughter of my racing buddy that is quite a local karter. I am going to use this car to teach her about formula car road racing and get her some track time. The Citation engineering and design have always impressed me. I talked to both Richard Pare and Steve Lathrop about the car and while it is the oldest design Citation FF, it is still not junk. I think in the right hands the cars can still be quick. It also will accomodate a large driver which will allow me to do the setup and testing work in the car for her.

Along those lines, we need some track day tires if anybody has some stuff they want to part with. If not, I will call John Berget - he has some good stuff now and has helped me a lot over the years. I prefer Hoosier but will work with whatever we can come up with.

Now if I can figure out how to get a little white on the red and blue car - we will have a Texas flag paint scheme!

Anyone who has one or wants to compare notes can feel free to contact me through this website or my email: muleshoeracer {at} yahoo dot com

Thanks again to Brian.

Jay Messenger
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe Texas USA
    806-946-7252

Thread Information