Liked: 0

Default For Sale: FB Photon - Car Sold

Shown attached with transport wheels (included).

This is, arguably, the original Formula B car. It has always been a motorcycle engined car and the logbook dates back to 1992 when motorcycle engines were allowed in Formula Continental. Jeremy Hill drove it to much success in FC.

The car is still very competitive and is now powered by a 3 race old George Dean Racing GSXR-1000 engine dyno'd at 176hp. It holds two track records, multiple wins, and in the hands of an old fat driver it has beaten new cars more often than it has been beaten by them.

Where else can you get such massive speed for the price of a Club Ford? 12,000rpm and 6-speed sequential is quite enjoyable in a car with big slicks, wings, 176hp and 1000 lbs with driver. Its sound and speed get a lot of attention. You will be grinning from ear to ear every time you drive this car.

Included with the car are many spares --- wings, bodywork, suspension pieces, jigs and molds to make more, chains, sprockets, exhaust, past engines, bearings, diff seals, etc etc. 2 sets of rims, one with virtually fresh rain tires (one wet race old), and so much more detailed in a later post.

$14,500 takes it, complete with an extensive spares package.

This is a fun and fast race car to drive, reliable, it still has untapped potential even while holding 2 current track records, it has provenance and is part of the history and current story of the wonderful FB class.

Peace and grace, Tom
    Last edited by stigwhiteCF24; 02.19.11 at 4:34 PM. Reason: Car Sold

Default woops, attachment didn't come through here it is ...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Default picture

Is this the car? from ARRC 2007
    Last edited by Mike Holland; 08.02.11 at 10:33 PM.

Default Yep

Yeah, that's the car, used to be #31, great pic, where did it come from??!!

Default More

And it still comes with those same rim's etc, what a great pic, awesome stuff, thanks Mike ...

Default The Most Car for the Money You'll Find Anywhere

Special deal for anyone who contacts me before Thanksgiving. PM, email SJRAtSpeed@comcast.net, or call 609 567 2972.

You won't find a car that turns laps this fast in FB, FC, or any class for anywhere close to this money, so holler if interested. Plus it has serious provenance.

Window of opportunity is closing soon so act now with no regrets later ...

Liked: 8

Default I Know that car

I actually built that car. Originally set up for 750, then Jeremy converted it to 1L....Chassis is all mild steel, all TIG, has been crash tested (not this chassis tho') over 100 mph into a wall, and both the car and the driver (me) survived. This car is set up for a very controlled camber curve and minimal scrub. Roll axis is very consistant so the car is predictable. I originally ran the car with 200# wheel rates and it drove nicely....now with wheel rates close to 1,000# the car will be sharp. Still very predictable.

Chassis was 1800# per degree with a welded floor pan. So you have a safe, maintainable, easy to drive fast car!!. THis car would also be a great conversion candidate for DSR! In fact, I AM converting one of my other chassis to DSR...if you are interested in that prospect kindly let me know and I can set you up with a whammy dsr body with cfd numbers in the 2,000#-range.

I really liked that chassis layout and, with a relatively short(er) wheelbase, this car ROCKS at Waterford, Nelson, Summit, Blackhawk, and others.

I can assist you with some revised under-body aero, including rear diffuser. This car could really benefit from these simple additions ...and it has almost 20% less frontal area than a Stohr! Think the low nose setup is "old school?" take a look at the Citation. The low nose still works! There is close to a second left in this car!!

Best,
    Last edited by brownslane; 11.24.10 at 11:27 AM. Reason: additional detail
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Default Lap Record Holding FB for $14K.

Shameless bump. Someone out there must want a competitive FB with 3 hours on fresh George Dean Racing engine, no DNF's in 3 seasons, 2 track records, serious provenance, and a manufacturer still in business testifying to the virtues of this car and how he can support its development.

Default Still available

Car is still available, if you know anyone who might be interested in FB speed at CF prices, please pass the word along. Thanks, Tom

Default Price lowered

and detailed spares package included, see post further below
    Last edited by stigwhiteCF24; 01.01.11 at 5:54 PM.

Default New pic

New pic for you all to enjoy. Fast, rock solid FB for Club Ford money with lots of spares, provenance, and builder still in business. PM, email SJRAtSpeed at comcast dot net, or cell 267 679 2067 ...
    Last edited by stigwhiteCF24; 01.01.11 at 5:56 PM.

Could you email more pictures (specifically with the body off) to subarusti@gmail.com

I'm 6'3" and am curious what could be done to accommodate this.

email with requested pics sent ...

Default Specifications and Spares

General spec's
    - Fresh George Dean engine, 3 races since new. George Dean harness. Baffled oil pan.
    - Chain drive with Volvo 740 turbo LSD
    - 89" wheelbase; 56.5/54 track (measured with transport wheels and spacers).
    - Approx 830 lbs sans driver and fuel
    - Current belts
    - STM Italy Slipper Clutch Kit available

Complete equipment and spares package included
    - transport rims/tires
    - 1 set of Compomotive rims with used slicks
    - 1 set of Compotmotive rims with fresh rains
    - 2 extra sets of exhaust headers
    - complete 2002 GSXR spare motor with baffled oil pan and many spares including ECU
    - 3 complete noses + front wing assemblies
    - 2 spare canopies
    - 1 set spare sidepods
    - new spare noseframe
    - 3 different rear diffusers
    - new master cylinders and new spares
    - new battery and new spare
    - spare axles
    - new suspension spares
    - new shifter cable spare
    - new sprocket and chain spairs
    - molds for nose, wings, and sidepod
    - jigs for suspension pieces
    - alternate spring and anti-roll bar parts included
    - various seals for rear
    - and much more that I will include as I complete the inventory.

Wow, this is a lot for the money, the car's a steal as is, but with all the spares included ...

Default All the spares you need ...

In addition to the important spares noted above, I was very pleasantly surprised as I went through the last box of suspension spares. There are new parts ready to go for everything you'd need in the chassis department:

- both sides front upper and lower A arms
    - both sides rear A arms
    - both side rear rockers
    - 2 beautifully machined steering rack tubes
    - steering knuckles
    - rear and front hubs
    - stock cut and tapped for all the radius and trailing arms
    - seals, boots, hardware for rear driveshaft assembly

The car and all spares are laid out in a private storage facility awaiting your inspection and purchase.

bump

Default sold

sold

Thread Information