Liked: 46

Default Deleted post

Vintage and FF eligible Van Diemen RF84. Originally a FF1600, converted to CFC, and now back to FF1600 configuration. Four races on total ground-up rebuild as a CFC, zero races as a FF. Newly built, legal uprated by Jim Grubbs Motorsports out of Valencia, CA. The block was sleeved and new cast pistons installed. Bosch distributor. New camshaft, pulleys, ARP main and head studs. Five port oil pump rebuilt by Wayne Mitchell Engineering. How new is the engine? It is still running Joe Gibbs Break-In oil. Tilton single plate 5.5” clutch and legal minimum weight flywheel from Neil Porter. New clutch disc. Annular clutch assembly from Taylor Race Engineering. Hewland Mark 9- Four races since rebuild, and comes with 10 sets of ratios. Taylor Race Engineering axles. Bilsteins rebuilt, also 4 races old. The bodywork (ff1600 version) was purchased from Universal Racing Services in England. Converted to FF2000, now back to FF1600 with repairs done properly with Kevlar reinforcements. The car currently is sporting a REALLY bad matte black vehicle wrap. Underneath the wrap it is primed and ready for paint with minimal prep needed. Used American Racers are mounted on Centerline wheels. The sale also includes one set of Revolution FC wheels.

I have a binder of receipts to document all of the work done to this car. Spares include extra suspension arms, and a jig for the lower rear a-arm. SCCA and VARA logbooks. FF1600 SCCA homologation papers included. Outside of normal race prep, the car needs belts and an updated fire system to be truly race ready.

Price- $5,900- bring a trailer and come pick it up. The car is located in Valencia, CA, just north of Los Angeles off of Interstate 5. Contact me via PM or gimenez@ca.rr.com . I am a pink slipped teacher trying to send his kids to college. I've hung on to this for as long as I could. Hence this sale.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Rene Gimenez; 05.10.11 at 7:32 PM. Reason: Post no longer deleted. Car is for sale.

Default Car is for sale.

ttt

Liked: 0

Great car at a very nice price! Someone buy this and autocross it!
    Van Diemen RF-84

Default The Car Has Been Sold

And heading to the world of autocross! Thanks Apexspeed!!!

Local sale or is it going on a trip?

Default Staying in Southern California

To a person whom I believe may be fairly well known in solo circles.

Good to hear.

I linked this car and a few others around the net on a couple of forums. I'm curious to know who picked it up.

BTW, I've been gathering a bit of info on these cars. If that person would like to contact me to compare notes I'd be more than happy to share with them.
    Van Diemen RF-84

Liked: 3

Yes, the car is safely in its' new home and will remain in SoCal.

Thanks so much Rene for the time you took giving me a primer on the car and making my decision easy. The car is beautiful and both Joey and I are looking forward to campaigning it. Hopefully, I'll see you at one of our events. Thanks again.

Liked: 9

Hey George,

I bet Dennis Healy will be jazzed to hear that you are joining us in CM.

Andy Howe

Quote Originally Posted by ahowe View Post
    Hey George,

I bet Dennis Healy will be jazzed to hear that you are joining us in CM.

Andy Howe
    QFT!!!
    this is awesome news. just got off the phone with joey actually, he's jazzed too. although it sounded like he was under the impression that the s2k was still going to be the 2011 national campaign car. i told him you guys might change your minds after a couple runs in the FF. george, be prepared for the permagrin

Liked: 3

Dennis, we can't seem to get rid of you! lol

I think Joey was quite surprised when I brought it home. Rene did a great job on the car. We should be able to run it this Saturday for the first time provided we get the driver fitment issues solved. I'll be needing some gearing advice from fellow autox'ers.

We're both pretty excited to get behind the wheel, and in my case, squeezing my butt into the seat. We'll let you know how it goes.

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Congrats

I really enjoyed my RF84 - Best of luck. Don't forget to get the integral first gear for it if you will be autocrossing it.

Thread Information