Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default Not advisable to edit your Group 4 entry on DLB

I edited my group 4 entry on dlb by changing my crew. The result is that I am now shown on the wait list in Group 4. Kay Imig the registrar is aware of the problem and will use the original entry date to determine who is on the wait list.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

As has been stated from the very start, EVERYONE will get at least one race.
    If need be there will some culling of Group 4, not the CF portion but the FF class, to make room for CF cars while some Group 6 cars may only have the one race in order for all interested to race at least once.
    And it is thought that numerous FF guys are entering Group 4 for the additional track time in practice and qualifying to get ready for Group 6 but are maybe not willing to risk the car an hour or 2 before the National.
    So, any Group 6 entrants who have also entered Group 4, be aware, based on date of entry some will not be able to run Group 4 as well.
    Steve, you are definately going to run in Group 4, I promise.

Default Do Not Edit Your Entry!

Kay Imig called me earlier today and asked me to post this on ApexSpeed: DO NOT EDIT YOUR FF40th ENTRY ON DLB! If you do, your date of entry will change and you'll be moved to the back of the line. Usually, that is not a problem but with the restricted regional (Race Group 4) oversubscribed, you will end up on the wait list. Not a good thing...

Mike Rand and I will be working closely with our organizing partners at Milwaukee Region to equitably resolve this issue with the restricted regional. The objective is for everyone to be included in at least one race group and then a second if possible.

It is not funny for poor Steve Robertson but we laughed two years ago at the idea that we could have too many entries for Road America's four miles...

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner + FF40th co-chairman
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)441-4460 x1141 sbeeler@pmcorp.com

Liked: 47

I need to add a car to the FF70 race. Will this screw things up? I do not want to start a new registration form to find out later that DLB ran my credit card for another $300 and not $150.00 for the second car second group.

Ian
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

I booked my CF online entry a while ago and plan to just modify my entry to include the FF70 group when I am at registration.

Might be easier to do that - or email Kay directly and let her know.

Jonathan
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Default Fax !

Ian:

To be on the safe side, I would fax your FF70 entry to Kay Imig. She is just as disgusted with DLB as we are and will completely understand.

Lola T-540 HU44

Contributing Member

Kay's message was that the Group 4 field will be based on the original entry date. Editing your entry will not change your entry date but it will change how DLB displays the group 4 list. Because group 4 is oversubscribed, Kay will have sort group 4 by entry date which is not how DLB is sorting it. In the end it may not make any difference in her workload, but to be safe she prefers that any change such as crew, etc. be handled at registration.

Adding another car might be a different story. It might be best to send her an email at:
    milwaukeesccaregistrar@gmail.com

Kay said that as of yesterday the two drivers on the group 4 wait list are "Mr. Haydon and Mark Powell".

Liked: 3

Dumb question -- what's the cutoff number? I know it's 25 per mile, but what is the "official" length of RA?

And would anyone think it would be wise to petition the Exec Steward for an increase? I promise to behave!

Default Maximum = 110

John:

Per the GCR, RA's car count limit is 110: 25 per mile plus 10% at the discretion of the chief steward.

Lola T-540 HU44

Liked: 3

Am I looking in the wrong spot? My GCR says 25 per mile, and only the Executive Steward of the Division can grant exceptions.

Since there are 105 shown in the group and the rest are on the waiting list, does that give us an "official" length of 4.2 miles?

Thread Information