Liked: 0

For Sale 1996 Van Diemen, trailer and spares for sale

The car is in perfect shape. People say that a lot but this car is perfect and the set up is perfect too. It turns 1:21's at Willow on the big track. We won our last event there. We have tested at Buttonwillow and were pleased enough to load the car and go home half way through the day. Pi dash and data system. We have all the software and instruction manuals. The car comes with three set of O Z wheels. I have 7 full sets of Goodyear 250's with one race on them. I also have 1 set of Goodyear 160's. I have two set of Goodyear stickers that have been only scrubbed and they are 160's and 250's as well. All tires are kept in the matching sets as they came off the car. I am offering the car and the trailer you see in the picture. I am offering the trailer as you see it with all of it's contents down to the tools. There is a brand new air compressor, cooling fans, all the necessary hand tools, storage cabinets, tire racks that hold two full sets of tires, custom built shelving in the front, tool chests. The trailer has black marble looking vinyl flooring that is perfect with no damage. The trailer is an '07 but bought new five months ago. The trailer has a fold down sofa/bed, gas can rack with the cans, oil storage cabinets, hose holders, formula car jack, regular racing jack, flashlights, spray can rack and necessary lubricants in the racks. The trailer also has a solar battery charging system and battery for the new heavy duty hydraulic jack custom mounted on the front. The trailer is light and narrow. Everything fits perfectly into the trailer and you can haul it with a standard 1/2 ton truck. You will even be able to see behind you without the fancy mirror extensions. I have made this trailer and complete set up so easy to use that you will never tire of going to the track with this rig. The trailer has fold down custom extension ramps and you never even have to steer the car. They are perfectly aligned for the car to roll right off even if you suck at steering it.

Send me a PM or call me at 805-236-5369 and I will try to answer any question you have. The car is professionally maintained and he is also available to answer questions too.

I will post as many pictures as I can and if you need more just ask and I will send over a file of recent pictures.

Remember, just make an offer and I just might take it. Try not to insult my intelligence or your own for that matter. People are watching....

Good luck and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Robert.

History

ex Cory Witherwill USAC Pro F2000 car (4th or 5th overall in series)

Performance Data

• Class: F2000
    • Weight: 1050 lbs
    Engine

• Engine Builder: Quicksilver
    • Manufacturer: Ford
    • Type: OHC
    • Displacement: 2 litre
    • Horsepower: 155
    • Induction: Weber carb
    • Heads: Quicksilver prepared Ford
    • Block: Ford
    • Clutch: Tilton
    • Pressure Plate: Tilton
    • Exhaust: Van Diemen
    • Total Time: 3 races
    Fuel System

• Fuel Cell
    • Manufacturer: Van Diemen
    • Capacity: 8 gal
    • Fuel Pump: Mechanical
    • Fuel Type: 114 Octane
    Oil/Water System

• Radiator: aluminum
    • Water Rad Location: 2 side pods
    • Water Pump: Ford
    • Oil Cooler: yes
    • Oil Cooler Location: left sidepod
    Electrical System

• Ignition: electronic
    • Alternator: no
    • Battery: Odyssey (new)
    • Data Logger: PI-2
    • Computer: PI-2
    Transmission

• Manfacturer: Hewland
    • Type: LD200
    • Gears: 4 speeds
    • Shifter: manual H
    • Trans Cooler: no
    • Races: 5 hours
    Rear End

• Manufacturer: Hewland
    • Type: in unit with gearbox
    • Cooler: no
    • Case: aluminum/magnesium
    • Axles: gun drilled steel w/cv joints
    • Races: 5 hours
    Body

• Construction: fibreglass nose, cowl, sidepods and side panels, engine cover, alloy wings
    • Color: blue/yellow decals
    • Paint: PPG
    • Condition: excellent
    Chassis

• Type: spaceframe
    • Builder: Van Diemen
    • Material: chrome moly
    • Finish: epoxy paint
    • Front Suspension: pushrod, anodized aluminum, excellent
    • Rear Suspension: pushrod, anodized aluminum, excellent
    • Shocks: penske 3-way, 5 hours
    • Brakes: drilled rotors
    • Steering: rack and pinion
    • Wheels: 3 sets of OZ
    • Tires: Goodyear total of 10 sets.
    Interior

• Color/Finish: black
    • Material: fibreglass seat
    • Fire System: 5 lb manual
    • Restraints: Willans
    • Guages: PI-2
    • Steering Wheel: momo
    Spares

• 2 sets wheels, 3 total sets of wheels.
    • complete pro race effort
    Last edited by castlebuilder; 04.19.09 at 7:25 PM. Reason: relisting the ad...

Here are more pictures.
    Last edited by castlebuilder; 04.15.09 at 10:01 PM.

even more pictures...

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Hey Bud, beautiful set-up. Where did you get the bench seat and the tire rack?

Iverson
    V/r

Iverson

You can buy the bench seat/sofabed from just about any of your local trailer dealers. The tire rack was purchased out of a catalog but we had to fabricate it to work for the space. How about getting one of your friends to buy the rig and race with you. I have to get into my FF and go racing now. Want to do something different and can't afford both in this economy...
    Last edited by castlebuilder; 04.19.09 at 7:26 PM.

Just the start of all the tools inside the trailer. There are two tool boxes full of tools on the front shelf.

Poke fun at those Kobalt tools all you want but they get the job done at a reasonable price and they match the car color....I will throw in the brand new Craftsman torque wrench I bought a month ago... Ok, and some girl scout cookies.

Ok Guys, I am going to get some sleep. Someone make a reasonable offer before morning and I will accept it.

Default 1996 Van Diemen for sale

Mono-shock? Or convert to dual shock?
    Thank you.

The car has a mono shock and the set up is perfect out here for that.

Liked: 1432

Where did you get or make that couch/bench seat from? Very cool!

As I stated above, you can find them at any trailer dealer that sells and installs cabinets and fixtures in the trailers. I do not know the manufacturer. It has become a hot topic and I will look up the invoice and see how much it was and who makes it. Have a great weekend.

To make up for my illiteracy and redundant question:

http://www.blazinbelltech.com/furniture.html

Reid,

If I had a dime for everytime I was supposed to read the instructions on something or missed something while looking at the pictures, I would buy both of us a new race car and we could race for years... Thanks for looking up the link. I have had tons of PM's trying to find that sofa/bench seat. It seems that is more popular than anything listed for sale.
    Have a great weekend, Robert.

Contributing Member

Default car

Sooooo----how much will you take for car trailer,tools,etc.? Please e-mail me at mexlr8@aol.com will be be in California next week. Thanks

BTT

BTT car still for sale... will be at fontana this weekend running the vara race and season opener...

BTT. Car is still available. Has one more race on it than before. Buy it before I get back to Fontana in July. The car is still perfect and we even did touch up on the paint to cover the rock chips. Someone needs to repave Willow soon...

Default people are really crazy...

Tonight, my car was compared to another car on ebay that cannot even be sold the car is in such bad shape. The car was even repainted to throw off potential buyers. This waste of a chassis is not even worth advertising.... He even copied my add to place his on ebay... They think that because that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang can be acquired for
    $ 7,500.00 or less that the rest of the 1996 Van Diemens in fantastic shape are now worth the same... Are you freakin' kidding me ?? If I am so delusional about the pricing of my car... Someone let me know. I think I have a great overall package deal that is a proven and reliable car each and every time I go to the track. It may not sell for my asking price of $ 25k but I can't be too far off with all of the pieces and parts. Hell, I have enough parts to repair most any track damage and one side body panel short of all new fiberglass for the whole car. You can't replace the stuff I am trying to sell for any sane amount of money. The interior features and cabinets of the trailer exceed the cost of the trailer by $ 6k

I guess my next post should just be in the parts section...It's worth way more than
    $ 7,500.00 in parts... What are people thinking.

I may need a doctor to get through this...
    Last edited by castlebuilder; 04.19.09 at 7:27 PM.

I wouldn't get bent out of shape about some meathead's POS car. Yours looks very nice, with a great trailer/spares/tools package, oh and those bunks/benches in the trailer are just too cool. I am surprised that someone hasn't snag this yet. $20k to go racing may seem like a lot of money, but it sure seems like a smoking deal to me. I can't think of anything you can get to the track with for $20k. If I was starting from scratch I would be all over this.

It just seems a hard time to sell a race car.

Best of luck.

Reid,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's been a tough week and long day when you come home to an email like that. I think I am right where I need to be on price and awaiting a good offer that makes sense. I have over $ 40k in all of it. I will try to relax. Thanks for talking me off the ledge...Robert.

Contributing Member Darren Brown's Avatar
    Liked: 20

I have had a few email from that guy you are talking about on E Bay. That guy is a strange dude. When I was selling my Swift on E Bay last year, he kept sending me emails that I could not understand because of his text typing (or what ever it is called). He wanted me to sell my car way under value and do it off E bay.

I too noticed he repainted the car and re listed it yet again. If you are selling everything in your pictures, that is a fantastic deal for $20k.

don't sweat it, you have a nice set up at a fair price

Darren

Banned
    Liked: 1116

It isn't about the price....It's about the timing....therefore, it is about the price

It is an absolute smoking deal. Just need to find someone who wants it AND has the coin.

If you don't need to sell it and go FF, keep it and continue to have fun with it.

I sold a Crossle 32 about 5 years ago with an anemic motor and a "blowed up" trans, both the buyer and seller were happy with the deal and yours' is a much more substantial value.

About 18 months ago I sold a Vintage Vee and smaller enclosed trailer for over half of what you're asking---to put things in perspective. Your price is awesome, patience, eventually you'll find a buyer.

that "other car" screams lipstick on a pig to me. Maybe I am wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Good luck!

Quickshoe and Darren,

You guys are cracking me up over here. I needed a good laugh. I just can't get over the nerve of folks sometimes... Seems like you guys put it into perspective though with your humor.

I pity the guy that deals on the ebay car. That is a bad situation that is only going to get worse. I hear, from a good local source, that a local pro team tried to fix the car and sent it back to him because they couldn't fix the issues. Some would call me a bad guy for discussing it on open forum but sometimes the issues need to be brought out into the light. What's funny is that it could actually be said that I said something to because I want my car to sell. That could be funny but that same guy tried to buy my car and make me payments while he goes racing in it. Wanted me to take $ 5k deposit and pay the rest over several months... I fell off the truck but it wasn't the one that came by yesterday...

Some guys are actually getting serious about the car so it may actually sell soon. I am off to Maui, Fiji, Cancun, Some weird ass island off the coast of Honduras and spending the last few days in Belize... Then back to reality in a few weeks. I lost my best friend this year and I didn't know how hard it was really going to be to try and move on...

Life is weird sometimes. Good luck racing and thanks for the laughs. Got to get some sleep...

Liked: 49

Looking at your setup, I hate myself for buying a POS 93 VD that I had to nearly completely re-build. I am up to close to that money just for the car. My wife keeps giving me the evil eye when she sees me perusing the photos! I think it is a great deal.

Liked: 210

Brad,

Cheer up. If you're lucky you might get a closer look

I posted a link to this ad on the ICSCC Forum. Be nice to have it move up here to the Northwest.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    Brad,

Cheer up. If you're lucky you might get a closer look

I posted a link to this ad on the ICSCC Forum. Be nice to have it move up here to the Northwest.
    The car will likley end up in the San Francisco Region, my name is Jon, I have a tentetive deal with Robert, if everything goes as planned the car will be in Whitethorn Calif. on Monday, then he can relax.

Default just for the record...

Robert is relaxing right now on a tropical island of his wife's choosing. I do have a tentative deal with Jon. If he makes the journey down like he says, he will most likely take it home. I will truly miss the car because it was the best fun I have had in a long time. As with all things in life, it's time for a change. New car, new friends and new challenges...

I will post in big bold print if Jon is a flake . It didn't sound like it though. He did the right thing and thought about it for a bit and then asked his wife if it was ok...

Default Car is sold....

As it turns out, Jon was not a flake and he made it to get the car today. Wish I could have been there but hanging out in the islands is much nicer. I hope he enjoys the car as much as I did.

Thanks again to APEX speed for creating this venue to the racing community.

It was a great experience except for those two retards that I had to deal with along the way... But there are retards to deal with in just about every aspect of life. I wish them well on their $ 7,500.00 car purchases. You won't see them at the track anytime soon. They will be busy sinking their savings into the complete rebuild of their cars.

Thanks Apex

Contributing Member R. Armington's Avatar
    Liked: 23

Default wow

is the car / package still available ?
    RA

Default oops

oops sorry . hope to see the car @ laguna this weekend .
    RA

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Smith View Post
    Looking at your setup, I hate myself for buying a POS 93 VD that I had to nearly completely re-build. I am up to close to that money just for the car. My wife keeps giving me the evil eye when she sees me perusing the photos! I think it is a great deal.

I feel like we were matched on eharmony...

nice car, deserves a bump

edit: probably shouldn't have bumped a sold ad..
    Last edited by ffrgtm; 04.27.09 at 8:47 PM.

Default 96 VD

So bumbed I missed out on this package !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RA

Thread Information