Thread: fuel cell

Liked: 0

Hello all - I like the new site - great job. I have a small puncture in my fuel cell - any repair rememdies? Is there a company that can repair it for me? The hole is less than 1mm in diameter, but still is enough to cause leakage. Thanks in advance.

------------------
    Bryan J. Pacelli
    FC #16
    Bryan J. Pacelli<br />FC #16

Liked: 1

Bryan;
    When my cell sprung a leak I called the manufacturered (fuel safe). Depending on what and where the damage is, will determin if it is repairable. In my case it had age cracked aroung the fuel outlet and was finished. Also, if you cell is more than eight years old, and starting to get hard and brittle it is proabably time for a replacement. Better to do it now than two days before a race, besides mine leaked out during the day when no one was around and drained about four gallons of fuel all over my garage - about twelve feet from my GAS hot water heater.

CHG

My cell is only 3 years old and in good shape outside of the very small hole on top that a mean rivet wore through It did add extra excitement at the Pocono National - gave new meaning to wetting your pants! Thank goodness for nomex! Can I fix this myself or can someone recommend a person to repair it? Thanks

------------------
    Bryan J. Pacelli
    FC #16

Contributing Member

Brian:

Back when I ran roundy-rounds, I had a brand new Midget fuel cell that leaked at a seam. The manufacturer (Fuel Safe, if I remember correctly) was able to repair if for me and it held up well even against the methanol, so I imagine yours can be repaired as well... You might want to contact a domestic fuel cell mfg like ATL or Fuel Safe and confirm.
    You know you're old when all your driving heros are collecting Social Security...

Thank you

------------------
    Bryan J. Pacelli
    FC #16

Thread Information