Liked: 0

Default Reynard starter motor question

Hi

I am getting close to restoring my Reynard FF92 ... I am told the starter motor is bolted to the engine block via an ally bracket, the starter motor (apparently a Lucas unit) also is adapted via another extension"... HELP! Anyone know the answer to this and why I can buy parts etc etc.

Happy to post pics of my "new" Reynard if needed..

Thanks, J

Liked: 13

RedRacer27, You are there in the UK; I suggest you go to Alan Cornock, he is a GOOD GUY and handles Reynard and Royale stuff, he is at 01480-891212 or
    E-Mail alan.cornock@btinternet.com Enjoy and Good racing!

Liked: 210

The above "suggestion" would be the closest one to you. Should it NOT work out, call Keith Averill at Averill Racing Stuff. He can make up the starter mounting bracket and yes, the sort of odd extension that gets to the flywheel.

Averill Racing Stuff:

(248) 585-9139
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 0

I spoke with Keith - super helpful guy - the cast unit I am looking for are as rare as hen's teeth (he doesn't have one and struggling to find one over here also). Should anyone have a spare Reynard starter mount sat in their tool box - I would love to buy it/rent it etc. I can get a fabricated copy made here - but have no template to copy! The search goes on..

Tkx

Liked: 3772

I have a spare bracket for a 87-90 Reynard 2 liter. It is in sad sad shape. Cracks, etc. The problem, is even with the bracket, one must customize a toyota starter to fit in the bracket. The biggest PITA concerning Reynards.

Liked: 592

Default Reynard starter

You forget Froggy, but the modified starter and bracket was popular at that time. The first car I saw it on was the Swift DB-1, circa 1985.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 3772

Pictures of what a cracked one looks like.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.26.11 at 10:40 PM.

Thread Information