Thread: roll hoop

Liked: 143

Default roll hoop

I hope this picture loads, I am on a mobile device. I want to raise my main roll hoop by about 4". This is not a diy project, but I am open to suggestions. The car is a Z-10. Body modifications are not a problem as we make our own, so if it needs to be done...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 592

Default roll hoop

The rule once read that the roll hoop supports must be within 6" of the top of the hoop. If you added 4", I suspect that you may not be compliant.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 107

Here is a pic of mine. It's ~17-1/4" tall from the top chassis rail. How tall do you need to go?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Liked: 143

This is also 17" above. I have another Z-10 that has one hoop. That hoop is 21". I pass the broomstick test in this car, but the 21" sure is nice. Apexspeeders are very knowledgeable and creative, and if copying the other car's bar is what needs to happen (I think it is), that's ok. Before I committed to one design, I just wanted some "creative" thoughts

Liked: 123

It looks like the existing bar is butt welded with Mig process onto the chassis cross-bar. I would just cut it off, dress it, bend a new bar and weld it on with new forward braces to the correct height on the new bar. I've done that (or had it done if it had to be brazed) on several cars. What is tricky is if the bar goes down to the floor and is the center of a multi-tube joint. Not impossible, but harder.

Brian

Thread Information