Liked: 224

Default Help - Golf Cart Insurance for Runoffs

I'm planning to either bring my golf cart to the Runoffs or rent one there. I've never dealt with an insurance requirement like this before at a race track ($1MM liability coverage and a long list of additional insureds). I have home, auto, personal property, and general liability insurance with State Farm. Just spoke to them and here's the answer.

1. They won't add any additional insureds to my liability policy, and it wouldn't cover anything related to a golf cart anyway.
    2. $1MM coverage is more than they will write on an owned golf cart policy.
    3. They won't provide any insurance on a rented golf cart.

So is anyone else running into this type of road block? How is everyone else dealing with this insurance requirement?

Thanks, Corty

Liked: 77

per the last line on the golf cart section of driver info.

"Pit carts being used exclusively for team support in the paddock do not need to be registered."

http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=51844
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Read View Post
    per the last line on the golf cart section of driver info.

"Pit carts being used exclusively for team support in the paddock do not need to be registered."

http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=51844
    Thanks Jeff. I did read the entire form. Unless Laguna is like Road America, with multiple paddock areas separated by hills, I can easily get by in the paddock with no golf cart. What would make it worth the cost to either transport a golf cart to the track or rent one there, is using it outside of the paddock, to access other parts of the facility. I'm making an assumption that Laguna is like other tracks, with good viewing areas and other exploring opportunities around the track, including areas that are remote from the paddock.

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    ..... I'm making an assumption that Laguna is like other tracks, with good viewing areas.....
    Some of the best viewing is up along the high ridge that runs along the back side. Everything from turn 6 (old turn 4) to the corkscrew. It's also a serious climb on foot
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 9

Default Bicycle?

I understand that a golf cart is necessary for some and a convenience for most, but if you're able, a bicycle is great for getting around Laguna. There are 5 bridges over the course, 4 pedestrian bridges (Start/Finish, T3-4, T4-5 and T8-9) and a vehicle bridge (also walk/bikeable that leads to the county park camping sites and restrooms/showers) near T5. Two of the pedestrian bridges are step type (carry the bike up and down?) and the third (at start/finish) a ramp type. A golf cart won't get you over any of the pedestrian bridges (I've seen scooters before on the Start/Finish bridge but not golf carts) but will get you up the hill to the corkscrew on a paved path and along the entry road to the T5 area.

I hope this gives you some thoughts on whether a golf cart will be useful to you.

However, if you're pitted in the remote location (probably not for an ApexSpeed car type) then a golf cart will be much more useful.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/sites/ma...ilitiesmap.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Cook View Post
    I understand that a golf cart is necessary for some and a convenience for most, but if you're able, a bicycle is great for getting around Laguna. There are 5 bridges over the course, 4 pedestrian bridges (Start/Finish, T3-4, T4-5 and T8-9) and a vehicle bridge (also walk/bikeable that leads to the county park camping sites and restrooms/showers) near T5. Two of the pedestrian bridges are step type (carry the bike up and down?) and the third (at start/finish) a ramp type. A golf cart won't get you over any of the pedestrian bridges (I've seen scooters before on the Start/Finish bridge but not golf carts) but will get you up the hill to the corkscrew on a paved path and along the entry road to the T5 area.

I hope this gives you some thoughts on whether a golf cart will be useful to you.

However, if you're pitted in the remote location (probably not for an ApexSpeed car type) then a golf cart will be much more useful.
    [/url]
    Great info. Thanks. If I can't work out the insurance issue, then a bike would be somewhat useful (and easy to carry in the trailer!).

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default Golf Carts at Laguna

I believe that the SCCA office has worked out something for the insurance requirement. I would contact them to find out - I havn't seen anything published but it may go to entrants only
    Phil

Liked: 27

I ran into this problem at Indy. State Farm didn't want to touch it. Golf kart rental didn't include it (extra fee). Bicycles were not permitted ! We were paddocked what seemed to be 1/4 mile from the grid. We ended up using my truck w/a 20ft tow strap and a spotter sitting in the bed of the truck. Worked great and NO extra fee.
    God is my pilot, I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel !

Thread Information