Thread: Shipping Rims

Liked: 5

Default Shipping Rims

Hi all,

I have bought a set of Rims but they are in New Hampshire and I'm in Calgary, AB. Anyone know of a cheap way to get the rims over here. Time is not to big of an issue.

Thanks

Liked: 1852

If they pack them properly, the post office will ship them no problem. Cheapest by far, as well. Shipped a rather large radiator to Moscow a couple weeks ago for only $150. Fed Ex and UPS wanted over $700.

Go to the USPS site - http://postcalc.usps.com/ - to get the details. The only critical dimension is the circumference, and that should be easy to stick to.

Liked: 121

I don't know if any bus lines run from here to there, but I have found them to be an extremely inexpensive mode to ship items, particularly for things like fire bottles that no one else will touch.

Liked: 30

Ive always had good luck with
    Towne Air and Forward Air

Dont let the term Air scare you. You can also try Dave Larson at Tag Shipping @ 847-395-1124 Old time racer.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1471

I believe a stack of four fits in u-haul dish barrel or a tall wardrobe box

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4340

Quote Originally Posted by Nardi View Post
    I don't know if any bus lines run from here to there, but I have found them to be an extremely inexpensive mode to ship items, particularly for things like fire bottles that no one else will touch.
    Bus has worked well for me.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 1852

I don't think that I would send them by bus across the border - at some point in their trip Customs has to know about them. It may be possible that the bus company can declare them at the border, but I's definitely check into ti before shipping.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

USPS limit is 132" length plus girth. A set of atlantic wheels.(10" and 15" wide) takes 2 boxes. International, USPS is much cheaper. Domestic, UPS or FedEx is cheaper (go figure!) A set of S2/F2000 wheels should fit in one box.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 141

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    I believe a stack of four fits in u-haul dish barrel or a tall wardrobe box
    Even better is a U-Haul "Golf Bag Box" - they're about 13-1/2" inside - perfect size for 13" diam wheels - just enough room for an extra sheet of cardboard around the outside which you need for protection anyhow. Also use a sheet between each wheel. I shipped two sets of SuperVee wheel to Australia last year - need two Golf Bag boxes and I shortened one to get better fit for the front wheels. Derek

Thread Information