Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default John Block Remote Data Acquisition Services

After transitioning from FV to FF and trying to be competitive in the F1600 series, it has been a lot like drinking from the firehose when it comes to understanding all the potential set-up changes on the FF and when to make what changes. Plus, in my opinion, the FF requires more finesse than the FV but it may be just that the competition is so good in the F1600 series that I needed to up my game. Either way, I'm forcing myself to learn new driving techniques. Unfortunately I don't have unlimited funds and can't afford to hire engineers and driving coaches every weekend (although I have worked with some very good ones for day here and there).

When I found out that John Block of Autoware was offering Remote Data Acquisition services and the price was VERY reasonable I took him up on it for a couple of different race weekends. I sent my data to him after every session and in an hour or so John would call and we would talk about what I was feeling and what he was seeing in the data. Based on our discussions John would make recommendations in regards to car setup and/or driver technique. He also explains why he is making the recommendations so that has helped my learning curve tremendously. I may not be setting the track on fire but my lap times are coming down, I'm gaining more confidence in the car, and in my mind I'm making good progress. I highly recommend John's services to anyone with a data system. And take his data courses too -- big bang for the buck!!

Ray Phillips
    Last edited by racinray; 08.26.13 at 12:19 PM.

Liked: 973

I agree! Great resource!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

I will third this. I had John help me with some handling problems and it was quick and easy. Fantastic value!

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1461

+4!

Senior Member Diamond Level Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 93

+5
    Scott

Thread Information