Thread: The Runoffs

Liked: 896

Default The Runoffs

Hey racers. are there any of the 600 guys planning on running the Runoffs at Laguna Seca? Come on guys, one of the great tracks on the planet. do not miss it.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Default Runoffs

There has been some discussion as to how many racers a class must have to have a National Championship. The answer is a minimum of 10 entrants are required to have a National Champioship. See below.

I called the Club today and she read the section in the GCR. Here it s from page 32 (maybe 37) of the August version of the 2014 GCR.

D. Invited Runoffs Classes

All Runoffs eligible classes are invited to the Runoffs

1. A class with a minimum of 10 qualified drivers who have participated in at least one on track session at the current year's Runoffs will name a National Champion.

2. A class with fewer than 10 qualified drivers entered who have participated in at least one on track session at the current years Runoffs May race as a supplemental class, but will not name a National Champion.

3. Classes will be combined as needed to limit the number of race groups to 24 with a preference for combining no more than 2 classes for any race.

It is pretty clearly written and I doubt that we have any recourse. I think we are up to 6 entrants so we need 4 more hard core F500 racers.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

We are now up to 7 entries. We need 3 more guys. You will never have a Runoffs at Laguna Seca again. (IMO). Here is the list.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....520B096E2794E6

Come on out and play.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Come on 600 racers. Come out and play.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Are we going to be the ONLY class that does not get a National Championship?

We need 3 more entrants for F500 to make 10.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Great news for F500. We have made the required entries that will allow F500 to have National Championship race in 2014. This is super important to the F500 class so THANKS to every single racer who has made the commitment to go to Laguna.

See the list here:

Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Contributing Member
    Liked: 10

Default Separate race

So, will the F500's get their own race now? FE only has 11 entries and they're having their own race.

In my opinion it makes no sense to combine Formula F and F500. Lap times are to close potentially disrupting both classes as they race for the National title. Put Fe and F5 together. Laps time should be dissimilar enough to stay out of each others way.
    Last edited by tedsimmons2; 08.30.14 at 10:31 PM. Reason: grammer

I suspect that it is a done deal Ted. You never know though.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    Great news for F500. We have made the required entries that will allow F500 to have National Championship race in 2014. This is super important to the F500 class so THANKS to every single racer who has made the commitment to go to Laguna.

See the list here:

Surprising to see that only 2 of the entries are from the west coast. This is the largest support of any class from the rest of the country. note: my Formula S doesn't have a real car engine either.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by formulasuper View Post
    Surprising to see that only 2 of the entries are from the west coast. This is the largest support of any class from the rest of the country. note: my Formula S doesn't have a real car engine either.
    The reason there are only 2 entrants from the west coast is that there are only 3 total F500 competitors in the Conference that I could find.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Liked: 282

Racing is very regionalized. Some classes are only popular in certain parts of the country. Very little F500 action on the west coast. Used to be more up the the Portland area, but they seem to have faded.

So if two of the three competitors are entered in the Runoffs, that's a 66% attendance!
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferguson View Post
    Racing is very regionalized. Some classes are only popular in certain parts of the country. Very little F500 action on the west coast. Used to be more up the the Portland area, but they seem to have faded.

So if two of the three competitors are entered in the Runoffs, that's a 66% attendance!

Been offline while at the Lincoln Solo Nationals.

That is sad. Ya'll need to come out and watch the Runoffs and spend some time looking over the F600's - maybe this will get some west coasters fired up to jump in.

Jim

Thread Information