Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FSV chassis?

Liked: 66

Default Super vee

Looks like someone cut off the front rocker suspension from a formula car and scabbed in onto that behemoth.........

FGM

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Hey All,

Was hunting for an FV to convert to AX/hill climb and have run across this chassis:
    (below)

Appears to possibly be a former FSV conversion, like one of the Indy 500 'Parade Cars', I've read about elsewhere on this site. Wondering if the rocker arm front suspension, with enclosed A-arms is familiar to anyone here? (or where else I might post to ask)?

It's got VW drums all around. (nickel plated?), and a VW transaxle. Everything's safety wired
    and the tube frame has great looking welds and gusseting… And doesn't look like 'home-brewed'

It's got no log books, or records, but does have USAC stickers on the roll bar.

Thanks in advance for any insights anyone might offer.
    I currently AX a 'big 4' Porsche 914 and race a VW Fastback in LeMons btw…

Thanks for your time!

-Ric

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Default early SV with tube chassis to share...

Ran across a SV that ran first SV race in Germany (SV started in US, moved back across the ocean)...1971 German logbook (pre dates SCCA books), definitely was early car with tube chassis, air cooled, no major areo. Sold early into US via B. Noble, raced in MW, then put into storage back about 1975/6 (Owner actually built loft in his new house back then to store this bit of history). Thought way cool, I just couldn't pull the trigger on another project at the time....

Attached is a picture from the Logbook.

Went to another racer in KS last spring, was to restore/return it to the world......

As to the other car that started this thread, think all are correct about parade car...not much value, where as this Fuchs....priceless? All in the eye of the beholder, to be sure...

Bob L.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 11

Default Shriner Parade car

HayesCages,
    Sorry to labor on a really old thread but I just bought a Indy 500 Shrine Club car that is exactly like (but a different car) the one that "Plan B" was writing about in 2014. Mine is the same as his in every picture. He doesn't mention the engine but mine has a 62 Corvair 102 hp engine in it. I have pictures of the previous owner, Jim Shillington, in the car in the 1970s and he was a Murat Shrine member. The old pictures show that Jim also had the Hallibrand knock off wheels on his car so somebody was making these cars if even just for the Shriners Indy 500 Club. Someone sent me a video of these cars on the Indy track in 1972 and I can see this car in the video #15. I continue to try to find out the maker of the chassis and it is apparent that more than one was made. I contacted Grant King Race Shops new owner and he said he didn't think it was theirs. There is a large "K" in the upholstery on the headrest and there is a star on top of the front nose with the letters "KKN" (The center K is much larger sort of like a monogram). I plan on making mine into a show car Ferrari 312 replica. If anyone has any ideas they are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information