Liked: 50

Default Video From Gratten Last May

Reading the thread about the resurfacing of Gratten, and still waiting for GoRacingTV.com to post their coverage of the CFF race from the ARRC last November, got me motivated to post some video from the FF / CFF East vs West Challenge race at Gratten last May.

In the Sunday afternoon CFF race, Phil Kingham battled Jason Byers, swapping the lead almost every lap. Unfortunately for Dave Harmison, he had his accident in the Sunday morning Qualifying/Race and was unable to continue his battle with Jason from the Saturday afternoon race. One of the best parts of the video is watching the cars get air over the hill between turns 4 and 5. So here is video of the first half of the race, hope you enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5A6Z5gIAII
    Michael Ray
    Crew for CFF #27 Phil Kingham

Liked: 24

Default Thanks Mike

Mike, that was a fun to watch. Phil, Dave and myself had some good racing going on that weekend, It was to bad Dave didnt make it to this race, if he had this video would have been spectacular.

Jason

Liked: 56

Great video. Thanks.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Liked: 39

As I was motoring around at the back of that field I was wondering what it was like up front. Now I know. Thanks Mike.
    Chuck Smith

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

The whole family just watched this after dinner, and the kids loved it. That was a fun race (even though Jason snookered me at the end and won). Mike, thanks for posting it.

Jason, you need to get the CFF out again this year for some more fun (though I'm not sure yet if we'll get to Grattan since the schedule's totally different from the past.)

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1833

Holy Christmas! I can't decide if you need to be a good race car driver or a good pilot do do well at that track!

That looked like an absolute BLAST !
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 50

Since I spend the race on Pit Lane, I don't get to see much of the action while at the track. The GoPro was one of my better investments. But putting it on Phil's car, I now get to see the whole race. It has captured some great action like the Gratten race battling Jason Byers for the lead and the ARRC race last year where there was a 4 car battle for the lead, video of which I've already posted.

How about a short clip to keep Phil humble, Mid-Ohio in the rain from 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C43LDNxT4eQ

Although not FF/CFF East vs West Challenge events, I may post some video from Watkins Glenn this past September and maybe the 2008 ARRC race which was just as exciting as in 2009.
    Michael Ray
    Crew for CFF #27 Phil Kingham

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Gee, thanks, Mike! I knew that would come back to haunt me.

Phil

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
    Since I spend the race on Pit Lane, I don't get to see much of the action while at the track. The GoPro was one of my better investments. But putting it on Phil's car, I now get to see the whole race. It has captured some great action like the Gratten race battling Jason Byers for the lead and the ARRC race last year where there was a 4 car battle for the lead, video of which I've already posted.

How about a short clip to keep Phil humble, Mid-Ohio in the rain from 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C43LDNxT4eQ

Although not FF/CFF East vs West Challenge events, I may post some video from Watkins Glenn this past September and maybe the 2008 ARRC race which was just as exciting as in 2009.

Talk about a great weekend! I was there for that one. Was that weekend a complete washout? or were we on grid, with everybody on slicks and as soon as they let us go on pace lap it starts pouring down rain? Here is a video of myself chasing Allen wheatcroft at the 2009 Firecracker quad regional at Blackhawk farms. Video is not very good. Gopro must have came loose on the mount.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPlOVFtgkJs

Andrew
    Last edited by thunderracing91; 02.07.10 at 11:40 PM. Reason: video

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by thunderracing91 View Post
    Here is a video of myself chasing Allen wheatcroft at the 2009 Firecracker quad regional at Blackhawk farms.
    Thanks, Andrew.

That was race #4 of the Firecracker weekend, a hot and muggy 4 races. Andrew and I ran around like that the whole race, my eyes in the mirrors, my car missing apexes, that blue car right there lap after lap. We finished just about like what you see in the video, maybe closer.

Andrew and I had talked before the race about how 4 races in a weekend were too many etc. etc. Then we went out and had a total blast. One of the most fun times I had last summer--and I had a lot of fun last summer.

I was in the Grattan race too. I gave my only Grattan video to BL and was just thinking I needed video of that track. Well, those two boys will teach me a lot more than my video would have! Great racing from Jason and Phil . . . I think the video of Grattan makes the blind right-hander look less challenging than it is . . .

Thread Information