Liked: 3

For Sale 2002 GSXR1000 Engine/TBs/ECU/Clutch slave/Spares

This was in my Radical Prosport when it was run in DSR configuration. I don't have a complete history, but based on logbook it would appear to have been used for a couple seasons of regional club racing prior to my ownership. I used it for 6 events.

I'm an ex-motorcycle racer, and when I removed the valve cover to check clearances while I was installing a mechanical cam chain tensioner, my friend, a long-time crew chief on a very successful GSXR-based endurance team was observing. He said he was sure that the motor was absolutely bone stock, and had in fact never been open. I agree, the VC gasket and sealant had never been reapplied. All clearances were in spec.

When it was removed it ran well and pulled strongly in consideration of the car's massive 1200#+ girth. It exhibited a little haze of smoke on initial start up if the car had been sitting for weeks but didn't smoke on track on or off throttle.

Included is the engine w/ a modified stock GSXR oil pan, throttle bodies, APE mechanical cam chain tensioner, starter, oil cooler-to-block fittings for AN-8 lines, a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder, Barnett clutch, ECU, a really messy wiring harness that worked but needs trimming and repair, a GSXR instrument cluster, a Power Commander, a Yoshimura tuning module of unknown type, and a box of spares including extra coil caps, a clutch pack, a factory shop manual, and various odds and ends.

I can ship it palletized via Yellow Freight at the cost of shipping, or pick up in the Washington DC suburbs.

$725

Contact Eric at:

motomoron (at) yahoo.com

Put "GSXR Apex" in the subject line to distinguish your communication from that of the legions of scammers.

Liked: 1

Still for sale?

Thread Information