Liked: 0

For Sale 1974 ADF MK II. For Sale!

1974 ADF MK II. The 1975 National Championship winning car driven by Tom Weichman. Documented by Paul White. Original photos of award presentation etc. from Paul White. Chasis #4. New Ivey (Not Rebuild). Totally restored by Vic Hertfelder, original ADF and Swift fabricator and mechanic. Car retains original Webster AND inboard front brakes. Photo documented restoration from ground up. 2 events on motor - appears car was never in a serious accident. All cell, plumbing etc. New Probably most original car known. Original Hot Sand ADF Headers and Original Log Books included. Car is located in Riverside, CA.

$28,000 USD
    Bryce Bannatyne
    Galleryban@aol.com

Liked: 1417

Wicked car. Good luck with the sale.

<Where's my lottery ticket?>

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Wow that car is gorgeous

Liked: 142

inboard front brake?!?!? that is whacky! pretty cool though.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Default This is a seminal car in FF.

If I was about 4 inches shorter, I would buy this car and terrorize the SF Region CF fields with it.

You think all the crying about AL Heads was loud?

Liked: 17

Beautiful car. Anyone seen my lottery tickets?
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Liked: 19

Default ADF's

Thought some of you might like to see these pictures. At one time I had 6 of the twelve ADF's in my shop at one time including the car listed for sale above! I had an ADF (#12) already in my shop. Peter Nosler and I then purchased 5 ADF's from the widow of a racer in Texas that was collecting them. He had chassis #1, #2, #4, #7, and #11. We hired a 40' cargo trailer to come to the shop in Texas, backed it up to the door and started loading cars and parts. We built a double deck with 2x4, 2x6, and plywood inside the trailer in order to get everything in. With the ADF's we also got an Elden FF and the one and only Carom FF (financed by actor Gene Hackman). This collector also had a Viking, which Arnie Loyning bought, so we towed it back with us as well. After we got the cars back to California, we ended up selling car #2 to Paul Phanner and #4 to Bryce Bannatyne. I restored chassis #1 for Peter Nosler (see picture) and still have three cars in the shop which all need ground up restoration. When I have time I will be selling two the cars. Before we started selling the cars, Paul White, David Bruns, Paul Phanner (not pictured), Victor Hertfelder, Keith Nunes, and myself posed for the picture with the six ADF's at my shop. Some of the pictures from that photo shot were used in the October 2003 issue of Racer Magazine for an article call American Idle. It covered the history of David Bruns, ADF, and Swift. Just a bit of trivia for those who want to know.

Neil Porter
    Porter Racing Pacific Crossle' Inc.
    Last edited by Neil Porter; 03.22.15 at 7:50 PM.

Liked: 501

Neat cars for sure, thanks Neil. I have been up close to the ADF that lives in AZ and the car was definatley ahead of it's time, and uses some wild engineering.

Liked: 25

Default ADF

Cool! I didnt know that there were any other FF collectors?

I had a chance to by a red ADF probably 20 years ago in Wisconsin for $7,000
    Seemed like crazy money at the time.

Jeff

Default ADF

I'm curious if one of the ADF's you have might be my old car. I believe it was the last or one of the last built. If I remember correctly I got the car sometime in 78 or 79, I didn't get to use the car much because not too long after I got the car I was involved in a serious road accident which involved a long recovery, and never raced again. The first name in the log book would be Jon Dalley, after which should be the name Tom Carron. I have always wondered what happened to the car, thanks Jon

Default ADF

Jon - Chassis #11 has the the following owners listed (in order):
    Barney Moen (1st)
    Sandy Dells
    Bill Robson
    Chuck Rolle
    Neil Porter (Last)

I do not have the log books for chassis #12. The last three owners are:

Tom LaFortune
    Gary O'Brian (Texas collector)
    Neil Porter - Peter Nosler

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Porter View Post
    Jon - Chassis #11 has the the following owners listed (in order):
    Barney Moen (1st)
    Sandy Dells
    Bill Robson
    Chuck Rolle
    Neil Porter (Last)

I do not have the log books for chassis #12. The last three owners are:

Tom LaFortune
    Gary O'Brian (Texas collector)
    Neil Porter - Peter Nosler

Neil
    Thanks Neil, my guess is that it is probably #12, at the time Tom Rust was helping me with the car.

Default ADF #11 and #12

Jon - You're welcome. Chassis #11 and #12 are the two rollers that are for sale in case you get some uncontrollable urge to buy your car back. Neil

Contributing Member Mike Milner's Avatar
    Liked: 6

Default Too Tall ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Steele View Post
    If I was about 4 inches shorter, I would buy this car and terrorize the SF Region CF fields with it.

How tall are you ? Was the ADF a particularly short car for small drivers ?

I don't think so .

FYI I saw this car run at Buttonwillow this past Summer .
    It is an awesome car . First rate restoration and well turned out .

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Steele View Post

Hello Bill Steele. I am 5-8 and the car is long for me the tub is like a bath tub as I drive a DB1 and moving up to a DB6. If you really want to know you should come to Riverside Cal and sit in it. You can look the car over top to bottom and even fire it up. I have the original log books and ADF hot sand headers at my home. otherwise all is at Riverside. You can call me at 310-6004185 if you would like to ask any questions. Bryce

Default Timing is everything.

Bryce,

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately I am committed to my DB6 build up right now.

Somebody is going to be a very happy new ADF owner with this one.

Liked: 29

I know this car and I know Bryce. This car is fast, very fast. Even in large National fields it is always at the front contending for first place. Bryce is a first class individual. He takes meticulous care of his equipment. Nothing on this car is just good enough, it is the best.

Anyone in the market for a great FF should seriously consider this car. I am in my first year of racing and considered this car early on but it is way too much for me and my current skill level. I would get into too much trouble.
    Last edited by beachguy12; 12.15.09 at 9:34 PM.

Has this car been sold or is it still available?

David

Default ADF forsale

The 1974 ADF that was posted by Bryce Bannatyne has been SOLD. Thanks Apexspeed.
    Thanks to all. Bryce Bannatyne

Thread Information