Contributing Member
    Liked: 20

Default Crossle shifter mount pics.

I was looking for some pictures or diagrams of the shifter pivot assembly in the dash bulkhead of a CF Crossle. It appears to be just a machined steel pivot shaft with a Nylock nut to retain it and adjust any "slack".
    thank,
    Steve

Liked: 36

This is all it is
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Contributing Member

Thanks. So the hole in the frame is just steel tube sleeve, or is there a bushing?

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wilson View Post
    Thanks. So the hole in the frame is just steel tube sleeve, or is there a bushing?
    Just a steel tube. The piece in the picture doesn't rotate in the frame. It gets tightened. The shift linkage rotates on it.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Contributing Member

Ah, thanks for the clarification. It doesn't seem like that fixed pivot would allow enough rotation to select reverse? My FR78 pivot uses a rod end.

Liked: 127

Ah, thanks for the clarification. It doesn't seem like that fixed pivot would allow enough rotation to select reverse? My FR78 pivot uses a rod end.
    Nope, it allows just enough rotation to grab reverse. Pretty much bring the shift handle as far left as itll go and push up, it goes in every time.

Contributing Member

thanks again.

Liked: 1

There should be a 3/8" aerotight nut retaining the anchor, don't fully tighten it. This allows it to pivot freely, the nut will not slacken.
    Mick.

Contributing Member

thanks Mick, that was my orginal thought, that it must rotate some during operation, at least to select reverse.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Henderson View Post
    There should be a 3/8" aerotight nut retaining the anchor, don't fully tighten it. This allows it to pivot freely, the nut will not slacken.
    Mick.
    Uh, I'm not sure this is true. At least for my Crossle 25, the anchor shaft aero nut is tightened as so the anchor shaft is firmly fixed to the chassis. The pivot of the shift lever is provided by the ball end of the shift lever sitting in a pocket in the anchor shaft, and it is sufficient to select all forward and the reverse gear without need for anchor shaft movement.

Thread Information