Thread: Greg Scharnberg

Liked: 309

Default Greg Scharnberg

Autocrosser and Club Racer Greg Scharnberg passed away today in a possibly medically caused car accident. News report.

RIP, Greg. I wish I had gotten to know you better.

Liked: 501

RIP Greg.
    Condolences to Friends and Family.

Liked: 113

Default Greg Scharnberg

Greg was one of the first people I met in SCCA when I joined in 1980. Even then he was already a fixture in the SOLO II program. He was a kind individual and a great ambassador for the club.

Very few people have remained involved in SCCA for so long - particularly staying active in a single region (Des Moines Valley) for their entire tenure. Most of his contributions were behind the scenes as he was never much one for recognition.

He will be greatly missed.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Thread Information