Liked: 5

Default Tatuus RC97 FB/FC

SOLD! Thanks Apexspeed! We thought we would eventually get back, but the driver's family and job commitments make it impossible for us. So we are putting everything we have for FB up for sale.

This car was restored and converted in 2009 and ran regionals for two years. The last outing was at High Plains for the last National in 2011. Our entry allowed the class to get to Runoffs status. Only one dnf in the two years at that last event (broken chain resulting in engine damage). Last time the car ran was in 2012 for a test with a new engine. This car was built to the original rules, so it is a manual shifting, wet sump and pure stock engine.

2008 Yamaha R1
    Ohlins Shocks (rebuilt and revalved for FB after last test session)
    3 Sets of wheels 2 BBS and 1 OZ (one set BBS mounted with rains and trailer loading wheels)
    Spare bodywork includes 1998 nose, rear wing, sidepods and 1997 bodywork with roll hoop
    Lots of suspension spares and front mono shock system
    Original Tatuus bellhousing for the Pinto set up with the top engine plate
    Enclosed trailer (1992 Pace America

$15,000 USD we deliver and $14,000 USD you come and get it. Phone #308-697-3437

We have lots of pics of everything including the spares. Here's a few. Thanks for checking it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JMacLeod; 12.20.19 at 3:42 PM.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 126

How about adding some pictures of the how the rear suspension and differential are made and installed? I'm sure other people here will want to see it as much as I do.

Default Differential and Suspension

We were able to retain all of the stock mounting points for the suspension by angling the engine and diff by about 15 degrees. We wanted to be sure to be able to use the existing a-arms. Basically we built a framework that replicated all of the a-arm and shock mounts. Did have to change the axle lengths slightly. The differential is a standard VW Rabbit unit that we sealed to retain lube. The diff is supported by two plates with large sealed bearings. Sprockets bolt to the VW housing and we used a chain idler system for tension. The diff is really buried in there, but I will try to get some pics tomorrow. Thanks everyone for looking.

Default Differential Pics

Here's some pics of the diff setup. Sorry for all of the dirt on it. I will be on the road a bit next week, so I won't be able to check the thread for addtional questions. Thanks.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1

Default Pics

Could you post further pics of the trailer
    best regards

Default Trailer Pics

Got home today and now have access to the trailer pics. These are the only ones I have.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default Tatuus Parts

We have all the Tatuus parts for the RC97-99 F2000 cars so spares should not be an issue if you buy this F1000
    Phil Creighton

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Reduced Price and Text Spares List

Reducing the price to $17,000.00 USD and here is a text listing of the spares.

Suspension:
    Springs--5"x 500, 5"x 550, 5"x 600, 5"x 700, 5"x 800, 5"x 850, 5"x900, 5"x1000, 5"x1100
    In a rolling hard case---mono shock suspension system, 6 push rods, 4 quantum dampers, narrow track arms, 2 sway bars
    3 drive axles
    3 sets of wheels: 1 set BBS, 1 set OZ, 1 set BBS w/rains
    Tatuus Bellhousing (if you want to convert it back to FC or to FF)

Body: '97 Tatuus bodywork, side pod floors, radiator covers w/support rods

FB Spares: Quick Jack
    High Downforce Front Wing and Nose Assembly
    High Downforce Rear Wing Assembly
    Sidepods Left and Right
    Sprockets (1 rear drive, 3 Primary drive, 3 Idler
    Chain Tool with 1 spare chain
    CV Joints (5 joints, 3 boot assemblies and hardware)

Trailer: 1992 Pace American (recent paint, wheel bearing service, lighting repairs and interior upgrades)
    Loading ramps, Awning assembly (attaches to trailer), Equalizer Hitch Assembly

We retained a lot of the components to convert the car back to FC or FF also.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1

Default Still for sale?

Hello, very interested in the car. Can you please give me a call? My number is 717-608-1700. Thank you, George

Default Price Reduction

Lowering the price to 15K we deliver to you and 14K if you come and pick it up. Since i have been remiss in checking the site here is my phone number 308-697-3437. That is my home phone with an answering machine. We are motivated to sell so give me a call. Thanks for checking the car out--John M.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Where is it going? Who is the new owner?

Liked: 13

Does anyone have a new phone number for John MacLeod?

Thread Information