Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 642

Default Black Teflon Coating, Hewland GB

Gents;

I've been speaking with Heather and Lee at WRD, and they use a vendor to coat GBs in black Teflon. She has also sent me a photo, and it looks SUPERB. They are very pleased with the workmanship, durability and protection offered by this vendor.

Is there anyone having had this procedure done that might offer a comment?

Incidentally, Denise and I went to The Secret World of Walter Mitty this morning: Five stars+.

V/r

Iverson

Liked: 151

I had it done to a used LD-200 that I had WRD rebuild and it came out great. There were some stains on the box and they were easily hidden by the coating.

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Does it do anything other than look cool?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 14

its what the coating is doing on the inside that counts. The outside is just a side effect as the entire box gets dipped with the mounting surfaces taped off. We had it on our pro box that was in Rob Nicholas' car 1st in the F2kCS. It keeps oil from sticking to areas that you don't want it to. Lee / Paul from WRD can explain better. Bottom line on the WRD *fully* prepped box vs a fully prepped box from the most commonly used provider. We gained a full gear of top speed. 'Experts' told me it wasn't possible and set about protesting our sealed engine and fuel, both were of course legal. It should also be pointed out that Lee gave us his package because we are well known cowboys when it comes to setting up and driving the car. We never had a failure of any kind.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 3787

As I remember the "Cowboys" won the '07 Runoffs with a WRD gearbox.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.28.15 at 1:28 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 289

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFirlein View Post
    its what the coating is doing on the inside that counts.
    OK.... exactly what is it doing inside the gearbox? Any science to support the claims?

Brian

Liked: 14

yes, and as I said, call Lee or Paul at WRD for them to explain.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 151

I didn't ask about what it would or wouldn't do for performance as anything like that is pointless as long as I am driving. I do know that I ended up with a good looking, durable coating for far less than I could have had it done if I had tried to paint or powdercoat on my own.

Liked: 1426

Call Lee or Paul. They are both great people and will talk to you as long as you need, customer or not.

Liked: 79

What they said, All of it!!

Give us a call whenever and we'll give you the skinny, honestly, it started off as a 'gimick' for our fully tricked out boxes but then we learned some more about it!!

There's a lot of these running up at the front of the current F2000 field too right now!!

Lee
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Firlein be all like
    Last edited by glenn cooper; 08.26.14 at 11:38 PM.

Thread Information