Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Default Pittsburgh racing jack seals....

Anyone managed to find replacement seals for a harbor freight "Pittsburgh 1.5 t aluminum jack" you know the ones......... its not holding pressure when jacking. no leaks... pulled it apart and can see an o ring inside a plastic cup, I can find a replacement o ring but the cup is what seals on the cylinder not the o ring (strange)and that has a split.

Failing repair what's an inexpensive jack that you can get parts for ?

Steve

Liked: 58

Hi Steve,
    Not sure of the availability of parts for it, but we recently bought one of these from JEGS - to the door for under $200 and are very happy with the build quality...

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...FeFlOgodlUMAcQ

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 3

Try taking it back to the store for an exchange. My local store has been very accommodating under similar circumstances.

Liked: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by steve everard View Post
    Anyone managed to find replacement seals for a harbor freight "Pittsburgh 1.5 t aluminum jack" you know the ones......... its not holding pressure when jacking. no leaks... pulled it apart and can see an o ring inside a plastic cup, I can find a replacement o ring but the cup is what seals on the cylinder not the o ring (strange)and that has a split.

Failing repair what's an inexpensive jack that you can get parts for ?

Steve
    They are going for $59.99 at HF now in newspaper and magazine ads. IMO, if HF won't replace it, it's hardly worth the time to fix it.

I have one, BTW, and it has worked flawlessly for over 5 years so far.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Thread Information