Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4302

Default Dumb SCCA Licensing Question

Do "major" events count as one national or two, in terms of license renewal? They seem to count as double for points, etc. I'm trying to figure if doing a "Majors" weekend with two races would count fullfill National License renewal requirements or is a third event still required?

While I'm wondering .... Is there a SCCA document published that explains the license requirements for the 2014 season without National events? Thanks!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

While on that topic, what does a "Pro Series" event count as? A National? It is probably writen in there, I just figured easier to ask as lazy as I am
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 345

License credit is given on the basis of sanction number. If the event has two sanction numbers and you complete both races, you get credit for two events.

Pro events do not provide credit toward Club license requirements. However, you shouldn't have any problem getting a waiver from your Divisional Licensing Chairman.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 207

Pro events do not provide credit toward Club license requirements. However, you shouldn't have any problem getting a waiver from your Divisional Licensing Chairman.[/QUOTE]

SCCA has accepted my F1600 Pro Series events for license renewal in 2011 and 2012.
    Ralph Z
    1968 Alexis Mk14 Formula Ford

Liked: 3205

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    While on that topic, what does a "Pro Series" event count as? A National? It is probably writen in there, I just figured easier to ask as lazy as I am
    I don't know what it "counts as."

However, when I applied for a National license this spring (I had not run any Nationals, etc., since 2010) to be able to drive at the Runoffs, my 2012 F2KCS (SCCA Pro sanctioned) events were sufficient to get the National license. Of course, I also have a long record of National finishes before 2010. YMMV.
    Last edited by DaveW; 10.01.13 at 1:27 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Contributing Member
    Liked: 478

New rules coming for 2014

There was a blurb in sportscar but have not seen anything in fastrack yet.

I hope we get away from these crazy requirements

ChrisZ

Liked: 811

Recent events have shown that SCCA is "pretty easy" when it comes to renewal time these days. They do NOT want to turn down a possible event entry. I know a guy that hadn't raced in over TWENTY YEARS that was handed a national license because he asked . It should also go without saying that someone.. basically ANYONE that has EVER raced previously, is a better bet than someone that just finished his second driver's school.

Don't hesitate to ASK...

Steve, FV80

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Greg

Do "major" events count as one national or two, in terms of license renewal? They seem to count as double for points, etc. I'm trying to figure if doing a "Majors" weekend with two races would count fullfill National License renewal requirements or is a third event still required?
    Everything that Peter said was spot on.

The 2013 Majors events were double events with two sanctions so they would count as two events for license renewal (assuming you finished both races).

Terry

BTW There is no such thing as a dumb question

Thread Information