Liked: 5

Default Minimum Weight for Kent Rod

Hi can anyone please tell me the minimum weight for a kent rod in the USA. If someone has the rules that would be even better.

Thanks

Blair

Liked: 123

Easiest way (for me anyway) would be for you to go the the SCCA web site and navigate to the GCR's. The GCR has the current SCCA Ford Kent engine rules in there on the Formula F section.

My 2005 version has the weight at 630 grams, including bolts and nuts and small end bush but not including bearing shells.

Brian

Liked: 5

Thanks for the responses, I will post an ad shortly for 3 sets of prepped rods, our limit is 640 grams, these were made too light by 5 grams for us.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default ARP bolts

Sometimes you can get the rods back up to min weight by using slightly longer ARP rod bolts.

Ed

Liked: 302

5 grams, very little. I would think it easy to add that weight.

Thread Information