Liked: 1

Default FS: 2000 Formula Mazda with ported engine + 16' trailer

CAR SOLD! Trailer still for sale, and being stored at VIR.

The trailer was recently serviced (brakes and such) and works well. It is low profile and 16' (with an electric winch), and was custom built for a formula mazda. I towed it with a Tahoe and it did fine.

Asking $15k for the car, $4k for the trailer, or $18k for both.

Everything is current. You could literally drive the car/trailer combo to a track the day you buy it and race it in SCCA.

Thanks Apexspeed for the bandwidth and the vast amount of knowledge I gained in buying and operating the car through here.
    Last edited by Trey Range; 07.28.13 at 7:33 PM.
    #18 Formula Mazda

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Pics:
    Last edited by Trey Range; 07.28.13 at 7:33 PM.
    #18 Formula Mazda

Liked: 530

Trey,
    Ah ha! I knew something was up with that car when we ran at Barber! I presume you are selling to get a legal car and race? Hopefully you're not getting out all together!

To all considering this car - it is a clean car and runs strong!

v/r,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Trey,
    Ah ha! I knew something was up with that car when we ran at Barber! I presume you are selling to get a legal car and race? Hopefully you're not getting out all together!

To all considering this car - it is a clean car and runs strong!

v/r,
    Mike
    Yeah it is apparently stronger than I thought. No, I can't afford to race anymore so I have to let it go for now. I will be back in an open wheeler at some point, but it will likely be years.

Thanks, hope you're doing well.
    #18 Formula Mazda

Liked: 530

bummer! well all the best in school, hope to see you out on track sometime in the future

Liked: 3

Hi Trey,
    Any idea where to locate a legal motor and what it would cost ?

Thanks,
    John B.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

I have a friend looking for a clean, race-ready FM to race at a marque club where he instructs. He also would have absolutely zero qualms about entering it in SCCA events as a FS.

Who did the port work?

Based on the HP numbers I am assuming a very mild street port, is this correct?

Which carb?

When you post more pics, would you include fuel cell pic?

I'll forward him the link after your response.

Thanks.

If you want the motor to be FM legal you have to ship it to the only FM approved builder, Drummond. It is quite expensive, $7k+.

I cannot tell you who did the port work because I do not know, but you are 100% correct that it is a mild street port. That makes it much easier to drive as well, because it has more torque than the heavily ported 13B's. It has a weber carb, but I am not sure which model (I am awful at carb info, since this is my first non-FI car).

Try to load the pics in my second post in this thread, they were posted yesterday. If they do not work I'll upload a new link.

I will try to find a pic of the cell. I actually store the car a 30-45 minute drive each way from my home, and I'd rather not drive all the way out there and disassemble the thing if I don't absolutely have to.

Thanks for the interest.
    #18 Formula Mazda

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Range View Post
    I cannot tell you who did the port work because I do not know, but you are 100% correct that it is a mild street port.
    Try to load the pics in my second post in this thread, they were posted yesterday. If they do not work I'll upload a new link.

I will try to find a pic of the cell. I actually store the car a 30-45 minute drive each way from my home, and I'd rather not drive all the way out there and disassemble the thing if I don't absolutely have to.

Thanks for the interest.
    Pics are there in the 2nd post fine. No worries about making a special trip. I'm sure that if he's interested he'll contact you and you two can work out the logistics, as I'm certain he isn't about to make a 4000+mile round trip without many more detail pics/video and engine history/details....nor would I expect you to make a special trip to snap a few photos without genuine interest in the car.

Link to this thread sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    Pics are there in the 2nd post fine. No worries about making a special trip. I'm sure that if he's interested he'll contact you and you two can work out the logistics, as I'm certain he isn't about to make a 4000+mile round trip without many more detail pics/video and engine history/details....nor would I expect you to make a special trip to snap a few photos without genuine interest in the car.

Link to this thread sent.
    Sure, I understand. Thanks for linking. Here are the detail pics I already have on hand (all pics taken in Spring 2013 for homologation).
    #18 Formula Mazda

more
    #18 Formula Mazda

Thread Information