Liked: 280

Default DUFFUS Race #2.5

I am not sure that this opportunity actually still exists, but let's see what we can do. I have been told that there is an opening in the schedule at the Formula Race Promotions pro series event at the New Thompson Speedway in Connecticut on Labor Day weekend. If we can get some reasonable number of Formula F's & Club Fords we may be able to pull this off, but we need to know who will really show up pretty quickly.

If you are interested and serious about being able race at Thompson on Labor Day weekend please reply to this post in the next two days so that we can pursue this with the folks at FRP.

The group is open to any FF/CF. If you are from FRCCA and would like to run, please let us know. We will make sure you are racing under your rule set for your own set of trophies and kill stickers. Perhaps this can be the event that starts the process that allows us to come together for future participation as a single group.

So, please let us know.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski

Liked: 56

Sounds fun but I cannot make this race.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Liked: 157

Default I will be there if you make it happen

FF.

Just tell me when to register

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1889

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marcinski View Post
    If you are from FRCCA and would like to run, please let us know. We will make sure you are racing under your rule set for your own set of trophies and kill stickers. Perhaps this can be the event that starts the process that allows us to come together for future participation as a single group.

Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 127

I will be getting my car ready in the coming weeks, and if it this happens, I'll be there for sure.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 20

My car is actually an alignment away from racing. I would definitely go to Thompson on labor day weekend. I will going to the FRCCA event this weekend at THompson and plan to talk to those folks about the potential for a DUFFUS race at Thompson labor day weekend. I will encourage them to attend.....over and over and over.....

Liked: 127

Here is a list of potential NE Racers. Im sure I missed a bunch as I looked at some 2014 resilts sheets. Where is everyone at?

Will Velkoff
    Mike Rand
    Ed Callo
    Steve Roux
    AJ Walker
    Jim MacNicholl
    Glenn Taylor
    Christian Pederson
    Gary Gecelter
    Ryan Bjerke
    Dexter Czuba
    Dom Seddio
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 8

Default Duffus 2.5

Hi
    I used to be on the LRP list in years past, but haven't run there in at least 3 years.
    I got tired of low car counts and switched to vintage at the recommendation of a fellow CF driver.
    First event at Summit this May had 36 fords in our group.
    The Pittsburgh vintage Grand Prix several weeks ago had 16.
    I'm hoping that the NJMSP event in Sept is equally well attended.
    I get more time on track. I like running the Dunlops (Avons 2015?) and the competition is as good as SCCA.
    The Thompson event is Labor Day and I saw at least 3 on your list that are possible candidates for the vintage Festival at LRP the same weekend.
    Regards,
    Greg Kokolus
    PRS RH-01

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Free weekend

I normally run the 1947 MG TC at LRP on the Vintage weekend but this year I am running at the Watkins Glen vintage the following weekend and the MG is too old to do back to back weekends. So I am open on Labor day. Any idea what the scedule would be like? Based on the dates listed it looks like a Fri/Sat/Sun event with no racing on Monday?

Count me in for Thompson Joe. Had a swell time at Pittsburgh last weekend even though I was as slow a feces.

Ed

PRS56, EACIII,

To this point at both MidOhio and Pittsburg there has been in the neighborhood of 3 hours and 15 minutes of track time over three days.
    The first day there were 3- 25 minute practice sessions, and the following day a 30 minute qualifying session followed with a 30 minute race. The third day: two 30 minute races.
    I would expect something very similar at Thompson.
    Joe M. Mike R. would likely have the final say here.....all we need is a few to several more cars and it would likely happen !
    I will be going to the EMRA race at Thompson this weekend and plan to talk it up and get folks to commit.....
    call anyone you know....

Doug Fisher

Liked: 8

Default Duffus 2.5

Doug
    I applaud Joe's hard work in putting the Duffus series together.
    He's a good guy and before moving to Virginia was a regular at LRP with his unique ADF.
    My comments about track time refered more to my experience with SCCA.
    I started in 97 with my car so I have logged a decent amount of events over time.
    The vintage track time is almost too much because of all the extra wear it puts on parts and systems.
    Not a bad thing, just something we now need to be aware of.
    I hope Thompson works out for Labor Day and the series gets a big field.
    All the best
    Greg Kokolus
    PRS RH-01

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Track time

Dave - agree. Duffus offers tons of track time along with the FF/CF only grouping.

And as a plus when we run with FPR when we are not racing or working on our cars we get to watch the best open wheel racing in the country, F1600 and F2000 pro series. F1600 generally has a 8 to 10 car lead pack for the full race. Great stuff to watch.

Ed

Default DUFFUS at Thompson

HI,

Let's take stock of where we are at this moment (noon on Wednesday, Agust 6).

As of this moment we only have three drivers who have committed if we can get an invitation; Steve Roux, Ed Callo & Doug Fisher. Will Velkoff will race if he can get his car done. That is all we have and that is simply not enough to even begin a conversation with the good folks at FRP. So it is much too early to speculate as to what the schedule of the weekend might be.

The FRCCA is racing at Thompson this coming weekend. Doug Fisher is going to go race with them and see if there is any significant interest from members of their group. If Doug can get some firm commitments we will take a look on Monday and see where we stand. I am going to take a ride over to Summit Point and see if I can have a conversation with AJ to see what he thinks.

In the meantime, if you could be available and would be willing to race at Thompson please let us know. Based upon responses here we will decide whether to speak with FRP about the availability of a spot for us.

Thanks,

Joe M.

Liked: 13

Default NO points race

Joe; I cannot speak for AJ or the FRCCA drivers BUT in the past a non-points race has not been attended. Also, The FRCCA is having a points race at Pocono the following weekend (Sept 9 &10). I also know that the drivers of the FRCCA WANT to compete against the other formula car drivers be it SCCA, VRG or whoever. I hope you can get together with Andy Graham at 201-665-8682 as he does the scheduling for the FRCCA. Finally, AJ and Formula Haus are in the long process of moving to a nice location in Hagerstown, MD, just a quarter mile east of the Hagerstown Speedway.
    Best of luck with your effort to return fun to this entry level class.

I will do my best to appeal to their competitors instincts.

Default who else? FV or F600 as cohorts? CFC?

Has anyone contacted Gary? What about Ray Boyer? The Rainville brothers?

or

Do we do something like entice CFC, FV or F600 and make a group of just two classes, with a split start and perhaps other gentleman agreements to make the experience work for both groups as if they were actually out there on their own? If we get 6 or 8 of each class we may not see much of each other if we were clever about splitting the starts and managing the other sessions a bit. I hate to see this opportunity slip through our fingers. Lots of track time

I do not know these people...been away from racing for a long time...call them if you like and either myself or more appropriately joe m. could answer any questions they might have...in fact if you call them i will buy you a beer at the club which overlooks the track....

Default Update?

Is there any update? I will enter the Pro race and take a crack at trying to stay on the lead lap. If a DUFFUS race gets onto the calendar I will enter that for sure but it is looking bad at this time.

Steve

I have had little luck trying to enlist folks to go ..... to bad.

Default No Go

Hi,

Given the lack of response, we have decided not to approach FPR regarding the Thompson weekend. We would prefer now to focus on trying to get a good field for the final DUFFUS event at Summit Point with WDCR on October 4 & 5.

Last year we had 20 entries and 18 cars actually showed up and took the green flag(s). I really hope we can meet or exceed that level of participation this year. We will be posting information on DUFFUS #3 shortly.

Best regards,

Joe Marcinski

Thread Information