Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 64

Hello Marc,
    How are you? Yes,it reminded me a lot of our wreck. I still feel terrible about that. I don't fault Dave at all, when your the last car in a train your vision is blocked and it's hard to see everything that is going on.

Liked: 56

Great photos. Thank you!
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Liked: 42

GREAT SHOTS SANDY !

M-O looks beautiful, and green. nice to see lots of green, vs all the concrete of RA
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

John Grooms, thanks for the thanks but I didn't post any video and in fact wasn't even there, looking back through the thread it was Michael Ray, who I don't know but I am sure he is appreciative of your appreciation !

Liked: 157

Default I feel awful about all of this

I had repassed the 66 as he ran wide and had the bit between my teeth to get a good run down into the valley and try to break away. Me and Bob going around after the contact then packed everyone up tight and I feel bad that Wes had damage, but worst of all I feel bad for Dave, who had his car all straight, rebuilt and hopefully dialed in and now he is rebuilding instead of polishing off a tire mark or two.

The pictures are scary. I saw Dave standing at the wall for the rest of the race, so I assume he is OK. I had no idea what he had been through. He looked calm and the car was on its wheels and looked "ok". If I were a marshall working that corner I think I would have panicked and called for an ambulance after seeing him take flight like that. Just in case. So glad he is OK and that Wes was not hurt by Dave's car.

Once more I should say I am sorry for starting the mess. It was a heat of the battle thing, and I don't like the outcome at all

Steve

Liked: 157

Default Thanks!

On a separate note. Thanks to Joe and Dave and Engela and the rest of the Duffus crowd for the Pro series style of race weekend where we run with only other like cars. Easy administration, lots of track time on a big track and a care for the paying customer/driver that makes it really fun to be involved. I would recommend the weekend to everyone with FF VCF CF VFF.

Liked: 127

Great pictures Sandy! Thank you!

Hopefully we can see some pictures of the podium as well!

I do have to give a special thank you to Jon Hirst for handing me a prepped, ready to go distributor to try out on my car the first time we ever met. What a super guy that handed a "stranger" a part to try and get me back on track. Could tell right away when I met him that he was a super guy. Also a thanks to Kevin Brumbaugh for trying to find me a pair of front rotors after mine failed Sunday morning. All of the Duffi were great guys that wanted to help everyone out to keep us all out on track. Definitely a breath of fresh air and lessens the blow of the weekend.

Also big thanks to JD at Front Range for loaning me a fresh off the dyno carb and a fuel pump.

Now off to try and see if the cam timing is the problem, via the gracious help of Mike Scanlan. Can't say enough about the FF community.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 313

I feel horrible about hitting Wes from behind. Between not having a clear line of sight and not being as fast with my foot as I might be I just couldn't get her whoa'd down in time.

The car is coming back together and I'm registered for Pittsburgh. Let's all get a big turn-out August 1, 2 and 3. This is the race that us DUFFI considered "neutral ground" between the mid-western crowd and the MARRS crowd so let's get both sides fired up!

A note of encouragement, Phil's never run his CFF at Pittsburgh.

Hey guys,that's racing. No one was expecting the stack up and we were just running too close together. No one got hurt so it's all good. We can learn from it.

Liked: 667

If you guys quit playing "Dukes of Hazard," and bring the show to VIR, I'd love to come run with you. Mid Ohio has a ban on dogs, so I can't run there, but it sounds like you have a great group to race with.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 195

Jim
    You should go to Summit Point in Oct. It should be close to the same distance as Mid Ohio if not a little closer.

Liked: 667

I'll be at VIR for the Goblins, but I just looked at Summit on U-tube. It looks like a lot of fun. What weekend is the race, and what course are they running?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 280

Hi Jim,

We will be running the Summit Point Circuit on the weekend of October 4 & 5 with the Washington DC Region MARRS event. We will keep everyone up to date on all the details as it gets closer. We would LOVE to have you come and join us.

Joe Marcinski

Hi All,
    Here's the link to the full race up to the fly over!!! Please ignore my poor start and missed shift!
    Enjoy Wes

http://youtu.be/nVSWvkwAz2U

Liked: 23

Default DUFFUS @ Mid-Ohio - Who else is coming?

Nice move adjusting the mirror after the flyover.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Hi Joe,
    Any luck finding your spare Headers?

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

Can anyone scan and post the final race results?
    I hit the road before they came out.

Thanks
    JH
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Liked: 444

Liked: 1

Default Dance of the DUFFI

To the people who made this possible, thank you all for a great weekend at Mid Ohio.

Joe, your selfless commitment to this event is the reason we all had such a great time. I also want to thank Angela and Dave, against whom I hope to be racing next time the DUFFI descend on Mid Ohio.

As far as the weekend's events, we had a little bit of everything, including some unexpectedly diabolical conditions at the start of Race 2 on Sunday. We followed immediately the FA qualifying session when an expensive Cosworth left its mark on the track at about the same time it began to rain. What follows is my view of the start from P9. I have called this the dance of the DUFFI. Needless to say, I quickly moved up to P2 only to do the same dance on my second lap.

http://youtu.be/CkoYnuOXasI

Gary Gecelter
    Swift DB 6

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

I don't know why the word Duffi is making me laugh so much. Anyway, 9/10 on the dance routine.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Default Race 3 results

Hi Jonathan,
    Here is the result sheet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Liked: 1

Default The Russian judge

Dennis,

For once we are at the mercy of the Russian Judge.

Gary

Liked: 61

Default Dance of the Duffi?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
    To the people who made this possible, thank you all for a great weekend at Mid Ohio.

Joe, your selfless commitment to this event is the reason we all had such a great time. I also want to thank Angela and Dave, against whom I hope to be racing next time the DUFFI descend on Mid Ohio.

As far as the weekend's events, we had a little bit of everything, including some unexpectedly diabolical conditions at the start of Race 2 on Sunday. We followed immediately the FA qualifying session when an expensive Cosworth left its mark on the track at about the same time it began to rain. What follows is my view of the start from P9. I have called this the dance of the DUFFI. Needless to say, I quickly moved up to P2 only to do the same dance on my second lap.

http://youtu.be/CkoYnuOXasI

Gary Gecelter
    Swift DB 6
    Are you makin' fun of me? Hey, if I knew what I was doing do you think I would have done that? On the other hand, I did come back.

It was a blast in the damp conditions. I wish they hadn't given the half distance at seven and then three laps later called it on time.....We thought we had enough laps left to get there. Awesome conditions as the track dried and the line came back.

I had a super time racing with the Duffi. How can you beat fun on the track and results delivered right to your paddock? Joe, et al. is The Man.

Bob
    '93 VD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information