Liked: 61

Default May Daze at High Plains Raceway 2-4 May

Hello to all Formula F racers; Club and national contenders.

SUBJECT: Majors event and our 2014 Front Range MotorSports Club Ford Championship

We've added a championship within the events this year in Colorado (COR) for Club Fords. These races pay cash, tires and shop labor from Front Range MotorSports.

Here's a link to the CF championship:
    http://www.coloradopen.com/coloradoscca

Majors--Here's a direct link to our supps
    http://www.coloradoscca.org/document...0314Majors.pdf

Event Registration--Here is a direct link to general registration on Motorsportreg.com
    http://coloradoscca.motorsportreg.com/

We'd really like to see as large a Club and F field as possible. We'd like to build on the regional class championship concept and attract additional sponsors next year for our racers that don't have the Runoffs as their only goal. Hopefully we can include more classes next year if we can demonstrate some success in field sizes this year.

Simple concept. We have a separate finishing order being kept for CF in all races including Majors. Four events, eight races.

We look forward to as many entrants for the May Daze Majors as possible. Please consider the trip to race in Colorado. Leave the rain tires at home.

PLUS, we are not charging registration fees until after registration closes-28 April.

If anyone needs additional information about our HPR Majors May 2-4 or anything related to traveling here, please do not hesitate contacting me.

Come to Colorado and race with us.

Bob Melvin
    '93 VD FF (Kent)
    BoD Co Region

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

I don't know right now if I'll be able to make this event, but let me tell you, if you have not driven High Plains Raceway, you need to. This track is an absolute gas! That said, I would recommend a practice day before you race here, if for no other reason than just to find out which way the next turn goes! Terrain, decreasing radius, blind, you name it, they have it.

Steve
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

Liked: 1426

This is one of the times I wish I had a CFF. This looks to be a great event, one where you can win some really good stuff...like $$$.

High Planes is a blast as well. Very different from most tracks with some things you might have not seen before. Lots of runoffs room, nothing to hit, safe, good mix of fast and slow corners.

Liked: 31

Reid, when did you sneak in to CO and when are you coming back? The red carpet will be out for you.

Liked: 1426

A little while back for business. Had the opportunity to take a visit to HPR and loved it. Red carpet? I'll just track dirt all over it. No need to waste the good stuff on me. Hopefully sooner than later. Denver is a beautiful part of the country adn I enjoy my time more and more there.

Very nice run at Hallet by the way.

Thread Information