Liked: 9

Default Too fast for the FF

For the first time in the almost 3 yrs of owning my FF the course was too fast for my 80mph 4th gear. We just danced off the rev limiter for the about 1/4 mi straight away(well actually it had some slalom cones in it, but they were so far apart that at 80 they were irrelevant). We did make up for it by driving the curvy part of the course in 4th which made us only a couple of sec slower than the top Corvettes and Porsches who hit 105 in the straight away. I have a 93 mph gear I will be putting in for the event at the same location in 2 weeks.
    Mark
    1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM AutoX, 2016 Frontier
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Will post video later, but Chris was on the rev limiter for 14 sec in the straight. If we had the 93 mph 4th he would have been 1.8 sec faster.
    Mark
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Liked: 182

we are going to need a special AAS LPM gear set for crows landing...

With those kinds of speeds, I also have been thinking of a Hans device too...

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 430

Sounds like a great AutoX track with those speeds.
    Graham

Liked: 182

Quote Originally Posted by Earley Motorsports View Post
    Sounds like a great AutoX track with those speeds.
    the american autocross series is known for very fast and smooth flowing courses. When we used to run out at Castle Airforce base, the course designs were epic...

Liked: 233

Very fun event but can't legitimately be termed an autocross.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Here is Chris admirably dealing with the 80mph rev limiter. Not a big problem in the twisty part where he shifted to 4th before the first right turn.
    http://youtu.be/SJJX-sqzFa4
    Mark
    Last edited by mwizard; 07.22.14 at 10:37 AM.

Liked: 667

That course gives me hope, that when I am deemed to old to race, I can still get some kicks!
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Thread Information