Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 2

Palmer Motorsports Park open house for SCCA members.
    Palmer track owner Fred Ferguson and NER SCCA will be host an open house and tour of the newly paved Palmer Motorsports Park on Sunday November 16th for SCCA members. Members will need to arrive from 10 to 11am to sign in at the track and will be able to drive in and explore the new track and the ongoing construction project.
    Members are forewarned that while the final track pavement is in place the facility is an active construction site with a long rough gravel access road, uneven ground and no amenities.
    Members will be able to drive and walk around the site and witness firsthand the challenging new track, spectacular location and inspiring views.
    To get to Palmer Motorsports Park from the Mass Pike (via best towing route):

1. Take Exit 8 off the Mass Pike (I-90)
    2. After toll booth, go right onto Rt 32 South
    3. At first light, take left onto Rt 32 South/Rt 20 East
    4. At the fork, veer right onto Rt 67 North
    5. After 6 miles, take left onto Ware Road. PMP is ~ 1 mile, on right

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 41

That is great to hear I know skip and I will there!! can we bring the vee!!

Liked: 126

From Exit 8 in Palmer, a quicker way is to go left (North) on Rt 32 after paying the toll. Go past a few lights and take a right on Old Warren Road. Follow to a "T", and take a left on RT 67. The left onto Ware Road is just up the road. You can even take a left on Grove Street to cut the corner onto Ware Road.

Back in 1982, I worked for a while in Warren and West Warren... and drove up Ware Road many times... often with a girl named Linda.

Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

there are no pits or paddock yet so you cannot bring a trailer to tow a V or other race car. Pretty much arrive and drive and NEVER run off the pavement due to the 6 inch drop.
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Liked: 21

Based on last weekend, if you have a lowered street car I would leave it at home. It is still very much a construction zone.

Craig is right. the road in is rough with lips of a couple of inches at the multiple bridge approaches. I made it in with my stock Mustang but slowly. The open house is a great chance to see the track which is very different from any other in New England but it is not a chance to take hot laps. that will have to wait until spring.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 282

Does the NER SCCA actual have an equity position? If so, where did they get the founds to invest?

Brian

NER did the original permitting with its own funds and was looking at raising funds to build the track and keep an equity position. that became harder after 2008. NER has sold it position to a private owner who has built the track.

Liked: 20

Anyone know who is running the Palmer Facebook page? Apparently if you post anything about concerns on safety of the track or ask any questions about run off they delete your comment right away and banned you from posting on the page.

I like the track layout but I have some questions and I don't think this is the way to they should handle questions about the track.
    Mark Filip

This facebook page is not created by the track owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Allen FSCCA #82 View Post
    This facebook page is not created by the track owners.
    Thanks Bruce

After touring the track today and hearing what the track personnel had to say about safety the few concerns I had are much less. Track should be pretty amazing. Still a lot to do before we turn wheels but they seemed pretty motivated to get it completed.

Looking forward to racing at Palmer.
    Mark Filip

Dick - Has NER SCCA reserved any weekends yet?

NER has 2 regionals scheduled, 8/22-3 & 9/12-13. We are also planning a soft opening weekend like we did at Thompson last year to sort the place out very tentatively scheduled for around first week in May. The NERRC series has 7 weekends at four tracks starting with Memorial day at NHMS.

Thanks Dick. Excellent. Now all I need is a car! The new job is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    http://www.nefv.org

Mark Filip

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4303

It looks like a really cool facility. If you look at the video simulation, and the track tour video, asking about the plans for all those cut rock walls, would seem to be a valid question. What is the plan?
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Rob if you come up with nothing else you can drive my taxi cab, i owe you that much.

Thanks a bunch for the offer Dick... but I miss the usual suspects and the thrill at the track... and will obtain another car after my move. But I'll often be back up to run here (as long as we still have enough cars in wings and things group(!).

Liked: 127

Any updates on Palmer? Now that the snow has melted I would expect to start seeing some progress/updates on the track.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

i was up there a couple of weeks ago. since the open house in November they had 6 or 8 weeks of good work done before the winter got ridiculous. barriers line the track now although i would guess about half have their final placement done. the catching fencing contractor is all lined up to go. they have been building tire walls all winter in a rented warehouse. there was a crew there running poles and power lines the day we were there.

excavation working is being done in the paddock areas. NER SCCA is hoping to do a soft opening test day in May but that date is flexible.

i am actually less concerned about them getting track ready than the rest of the infrastructure. the time consuming stuff is making the paddock and facilities useable. there is no question we have an opportunity to drive this wicked cool track this year it is harder to predict how perfect the paddock will be and when.
    Dick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information