Liked: 3

Wanted To Buy 1964 autodynamics mkIIIB fox FV body/mold

Last race of the year, damp surface, and a little oil, ok a lot, car turned and into the wall. Busted up the nose/front body pretty bad. Anyone have a good piece or mold to make another? This car came from the SoCal VARA region and now resides in Vancouver. Driven by a little old lady.....my wife's mother. Really!!! Car was originally owned by Dick Ryan from Castro Valley SF Bay area. Only pictures I have will need to be sent after I make them fit. Anyone, anywhere. Thanks Bob Williams

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Adding these for Bob (and Gayle!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default it's only 50 years old???

There's got to be a mold sitting somewhere that's gathering dust, or a really good part in someones rafters just waiting for a new home in Canada eh?

Default no mold and no part....

oh well.....reconstruction and mold time I guess. Thanks to all that looked. I will post the results in a month or so. Happy holidays
    Bob Williams

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

why is the roll over bar so low?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

That's not a photo of the car with its current pilot.

Gramma Gayle's head is quite a bit lower or Bob has extended the rollbar upward...

...or perhaps both.

Default bar height....

This is the previous owner in the car....6'3"....fortunately Gayle is considerably shorter. It seems in VARA the roll bar / helmet distance is not critical measurement. Hard to imagine considering the alternative in the event of a roll over. Thanks for the thought though.

Liked: 113

This was not Dick Ryan's regular car -which I believe was an RCA. The A-D Fox was run by another driver. It became available or it was in a situation where it might not have had a good home and Dick acquired the car. I only think he raced it a couple of times.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Default Dick's cars.....

Hey Mark....you are correct....his regular seat was the RCA, and after acquiring the A/D a number of years before his passing, he'd spent a couple of years refurbishing and generally making the A/D presentable and competitive.

He was very interesting gentleman.....documented and took pictures of each of his outings, and I had the pleasure of reading most of them. His articles in Victory Lane and other publications were priceless.

We haven't changed much on the car, a couple of extra decals, a different seat for Gayle and it's still very competitive. A little touch up here and there. Nothing major until now. Will most likely build a mold and take a part from that. Should have done it when we got the car but who new!

The reason we can't find a part or mold....it's #0001. The next version had a more rounded symmetrical wedge shaped nose. I've tried to contact Ray C. but haven't had any luck.

Hopefully it'll look just like it did in 1964 when we're done.

Thanks Bob

Liked: 113

Yes, I was actually part of one of those adventures.

Dick came from California and ran my Zink FV for a race at Gingerman in May of 2009.

Great experience for both of us.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Thread Information