Liked: 592

Default GLC Series 2014 Finale

With the points leader if FC and CFC missing this past weekend (one testing for the Run-Offs), the chances were good that the final points standing for the championships were going to change from what they were at Mid-Ohio just a month before.
    Melissa Fergus (referred to as "the girl" by some not familiar with her racing) finally made it to our event this year and demonstrated much speed in her yellow, 1990 CFC Van Dieman. This almost protected David's Rock's CFC point lead, but in the end...

Steve Myers and Carlos Franca raced to see who could collect the points needed to take the final points total, each point (finish, fastest lap, pole position) had an effect. In the end the top three for the FC championship in the GLC series for Ford powered cars was;
    Steve Myer (68)
    Carlos Franca (59)
    Rob Allaer (58)

Curtis Easterling, although new to formula cars, showed great consistency this year to win the GLC series CFC championship in his orange Crossle. This was a car formullay driven by two GLC members, David Keep and Steve Myers. By the end of Sunday Waterford feature race (not a GLC points race), he was even pushing Melissa around the track. The top three for the CFC championship for Ford powered cars was;
    Curtis Easterling (64)
    David Rock (52)
    Doug Brown (32)

The GLC Series thanks the following for their continued support.

Dynomax Mufflers
    KFP Magnum brakes
    Hoosier Tire
    Motorsport Tire-Lee Johnston
    Ray Grienke Enterprises
    SCCA Regions
    South Bend
    Western Michigan
    Detroit
    Ohio Valley
    also
    Kim Franca (thank you for feeding us)
    Averill Racing Stuff

Keith Averill
    GLC Series points and awards Chairman

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Kudos to all the men & women of the GLC Series !!!
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 28

Default GLC 2015

I would really like to participate in the GLC series next year. All I need now is a car to run! I am in Lansing, MI and would welcome contacts from anyone with a race ready FC somewhere in the East.

Mike

Liked: 127

Default Congrats!

Congrats to champs Steve and Curtis! Also - to Melissa! No surprise that she had a checkered flag lap at Waterford again... Sounds like it was a exciting weekend! Thanks again to Keith and everyone involved for keeping the series up and running. I know it's a labor of love! See you guys next year!

Rob Allaer
    FC #52

Liked: 0

Default Waterford Images

My images from the Waterford Hills rounds are up at http://www.pbase.com/mwphoto0524/gal...rd_great_lakes

Mark Windecker

Liked: 95

Default MW photo

Thank you very much for the photos. I think I can say all of us will enjoy them. And thank you for coming out and taking them!
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Liked: 17

Default Thanks!

This is such a great series! You meet great people and have good competition. Carlos and I were separated by 1/100 of a second in qualifying, and never more than about a 1/2 a second through most of the weekend. You couldn’t get much closer.

Congrates to Curtis as CFC champion. The Crossle is a great car, but I didn’t have much success in it. Melissa proved it could be fast. Now it’s nice to see Curtis doing so well with it, particularly since it's only his second(?) season in open wheel. One more lap Sunday afternoon and Melissa might have been in trouble.

I've got to thank Keith again for all his help and support for both the series and my own effort. Taking over as points keeper, arranging the awards and sending out regular emails to the competitors has been a great help to those of us who have a day jobs away from racing and are apparently math challenged when it comes to points totals.

I don't know if every one is aware of what a great resource Keith is for advice. I struggled a bit early in the season. A casual comment from Keith about how my car looked on track lead to a change in setup direction. Another suggestion lead to a big improvement at Mid-Ohio, and my last two weekends have been among the best I’ve had in the car. I know he's willing to help anyone who's brave enough to ask. What other series has a free coach? Thanks again Keith!

Liked: 3

Default 96 Vandiemen FC

Quote Originally Posted by Firesmith View Post
    I would really like to participate in the GLC series next year. All I need now is a car to run! I am in Lansing, MI and would welcome contacts from anyone with a race ready FC somewhere in the East.

Mike
    Mike, I am thinking of selling our 96 VD. My son (driver) is 6' 4" and growing, so we might have to go to another class. The car fits him now, but later, I don't know. I will be selling it for around 15,000 with a boat load of spares. If interested call me at 317 738 3311.

Thread Information