Liked: 177

Default Contemplating FE: Anybody in Indiana?

Would like to talk to any FE guys local to me (Pendleton, IN) about getting into FE. I currently have an SM and just got my competition license through NASA but have always loved the FE's. IF the numbers where there at the track I would have skipped SM altogether.

dsmithwc04@yahoo.com is the best way to get ahold of me.

Thanks!
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Liked: 447

Not sure of too many guys in Indiana. Scott Rettich is in Ohio. Then you have at least a car in Michigan and then there are several cars in Illinois. The Great Lakes races usually can swing a few CenDiv guys for a decent turnout at Gingerman. It's too bad the SCCA doesn't race at Putnam.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 9

I was concerned about that too when I bought my FE a few years ago, but for me it's not that big of a deal if your races have enough big-bore open wheels to group together. I usually find someone to battle with and it is typically not an FE. We are racing in Birmingham this weekend with only one other FE are 5 FMs. Can't wait.

Joe, that's more in line with what I was thinking. Since there will be other classes at the same time and some will be faster and some slower I figure there should be some battles in there somewhere for me to enjoy. Currently talking with a gentleman who has an FE for sale. We will see what happens. I'm somewhat cash strapped until I sell the SM so I'm seeing what I can work out.

Liked: 3

This is my son's first year in FE- we've come over from Midiv to run Cendiv as we like the tracks, especially Road America. Grid sizes have been decent, and as stated, there are FC's and slower FA's to run against. And with the rain we've had, it is definitely all up in the air when the track is wet!!

Been very happy with the FE choice so far. Big asset is a good CSR, in our case, One Formula.

Anybody going to the MidOhio race October 10-12? (OR) Black Farms Raceway Oct 18/19? Would love to meet up and help out any way I can to learn about the FE.

Liked: 218

I may have someone run Blackhawk. I'll let you know.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 10

Keith and I might run Blackhawk in October if it's not snowing. Jury is still out. Anybody else?
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Liked: 16

Default Contemplating FE: Anybody in Indiana?

I wish I could. Had to retire for the year after having back surgery two weeks ago

Will my new Hanz neck restraint work in the FE? It is the sport 2 / 20degree .

Liked: 526

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
    Will my new Hanz neck restraint work in the FE? It is the sport 2 / 20degree .
    it could, but depends on how you pour your seat and what position you like to sit in.

It's brand new. I wonder if saferacer will exchange it out for a 30 degree....

Super excited. I put a deposit down on an FE for sale here through the forums about a week ago. Should be getting it by end of the month at the latest and I can't wait for next season. I plan on running a minimum of 4 races but my budget may allow as much as 5. We shall see!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default FE in Indiana

I sold my FE to Craig Bradley a couple of years ago. He lives in the Indianapolis area.

I'll see if I can look him up. Thanks!

Liked: 10

Congratulations on the new car. We have a good number of cars in cen div. if you decide to come up to Blackhawk or road america you should have a few cars to run with.

Again congrats and welcome.

Mat

Liked: 68

Looks like the Majors races for Northern Conference are going to stretch from BeaveRun (just West of Pittsburgh) to Blackhawk Farms (Beloit, IL). Indianapolis would appear to be perfectly located in the center of one of the most competitive FE areas in the country. Hope to see you at the track!
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Liked: 15

I know this is an old thread, but I just purchased an FE from the Northeast division and brought it to the Central Division. So score one more FE for the CenDiv! Going to run the Northern Conference Majors races in 2015. Sure looking forward to meeting all the other FE teams and learning from all your experiences with these cars

Thread Information