Liked: 200

Default 7 time defending champion, Michael Iamundi

It came down to the last race between Michael and teamate Phil Wang, but he pulled it out for an unprecedented 7th straight championship. Phil and Kevin Kapelke showed very strong through the whole year, but would have to settle for 2nd and 3rd overall.

The Master's championship also came down to the final race between Bill Mitchell and Kevin Deevey. Kevin won the race, but Bill did what he needed to do to lock the championship up.

Full points:
    http://formula1200.com/championship/standings/
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4303

The guy is very good!
    Considering the mickey mouse point system used, the level of equipment, the level of driving, that Mosport is a drafting track, that in most races the top-3 are within a second and the top-10 often within several seconds, it is a very impressive record.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 18

How is it that I finished ahead of Bill in the regular standings, but behind in masters? I'm sure there is some weird math involved. No biggie, just seems weird.

Liked: 200

Quote Originally Posted by karmaboy View Post
    How is it that I finished ahead of Bill in the regular standings, but behind in masters? I'm sure there is some weird math involved. No biggie, just seems weird.
    The easy answer is that there is a larger gap between the points at the top position than there is 7-10ish. Also, the weekend that Bill didn't go to, you had your top finishes of the year. I'll email you the full results.
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Thread Information