Liked: 9

Default june sprints - club ford / tweener fords

I'm on the fence for entering the Sprints this year and was wondering if any other mid/back of the packers are thinking the same? Road America is my local track and saves me money on towing and lodging. However, I will probably run in the 2:35-2:37 range in the old club ford. (Insert the being slow at Majors debate here.) It's more fun to have a few cars to race with in the back and right now, not many cars are entered.

Anybody out there that want to run Sprints that normally lap in the 2:30's like club fords and older tweener fords? Also, we can even choose to run our own tire rule if that helps. R60's, dunlops, etc...

comments welcomed.

thanks,
    Tad Lenhart

Liked: 91

I would suggest you go ahead and enter, as we are not at the point where they are collecting money yet, and you can always cancel. It could be one of those situations where there are a number of people doing the same thing, and no one enters because they are waiting on someone else. I do not think anyone is going to mind having an older FF on the track. We are usually running with the Vs anyway. Mike Rand ran his old Crossle at the Runoffs. Come out and have some fun.

Liked: 1426

More the merrier. Come on out!
    Last edited by reidhazelton; 05.21.14 at 3:26 PM.

Liked: 4

I agree. Activity breeds activity. It's a world class track, come on up and have some fun.
    Ed

Liked: 9

Thanks for the encouragement guys. That just eliminated one of my excuses not to go. Not to fear, I still have many more trying to keep me off the track. The weather up here now is perfect, thus helping the cause.

I did hear from another fellow that will be signing up that will most likely be in the 2:30's also. Him and I would be two more fords entering, hopefully. Anybody else?

Thread Information